where are the results ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are the results ?

I have been watching this site and others, in general, for the results of Dr. Burt's HSCT trials (many) and Dr. Sadiq's MSC-NP trial (phase I only) and I have not seen any! What are the results ? I know that Dr. Sadiq had 20 participants in the phase I trial but I don't know much more about it! Dr. Burt has had many participants in his HSCT trials, maybe 500 over the last 10 years, but I can't find any published reports/conclusions ! Any responses ? Don't tell me to look at clinicaltrials.gov ! It is useless to read the results there !

I have spent some hours trying to get meaningful results of the HSCT trials performed by Dr. R. Burt at Northwestern U. over the past decade. The same applies to the MSC-NP trials performed by Dr. Sadiq at Tisch MS Research Center in NYC. The difference, besides the procedure, the Tisch trial is currently underway with only 20 participants and it is the first one of its kind. I wonder if there are any results that should be generally viewed and understood by this community. Any ideas? Anyone ?

Comment

Hi Jerry.

I remember reading something in the wheelchair kamikaze's blog on HSCT trials last year. I am not sure where he was able to get data from, but maybr if you search his blog, youcan find out.

If I remember right, the general gist was that HSCT appeared effective for people who were relapsing remitting. For progressive, some people with active inflammation benefitted. There were some anecdotal stories of people progressive who may have benefitted, but disease activity returned within 5 years. But since not all trial participants reached that mark yet, there was open data.

Weird that I remember some of that, but can't remember what I need to do today!
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you for your response. I was beginning to think that I was spitting in the wind ! Yeah, i have seen some stuff in the 'blogoshere' ! But why do I need to scour the 'Wheelchair Kamikaze's' blog for the information on results from clinical trials for HSCT that have been completed since 1995-1996 ? Come on ! What's the deal ? Something smells funny !

Comment

Working...
        X