Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrelizumab is coming soon!

Ocrelizumab -- coming soon!

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted “Breakthrough Therapy Designation” for ocrelizumab, an experimental medication presently under investigation for the treatment of primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS). At this time, no treatments are available for this less-common form of MS. With this designation, the FDA affirms: (1) the medication would be used to treat a serious condition; (2) preliminary clinical evidence indicates that the drug may demonstrate substantial improvement over existing therapies; and (3) the review process would be expedited to within 60 days.

http://mymsaa.org/news-msaa/1380-fda-expedites-review-ocrelizumab

Whoop!

Originally posted by Marco View Post
    Ocrelizumab -- coming soon!

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted “Breakthrough Therapy Designation” for ocrelizumab, an experimental medication presently under investigation for the treatment of primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS). At this time, no treatments are available for this less-common form of MS. With this designation, the FDA affirms: (1) the medication would be used to treat a serious condition; (2) preliminary clinical evidence indicates that the drug may demonstrate substantial improvement over existing therapies; and (3) the review process would be expedited to within 60 days.

http://mymsaa.org/news-msaa/1380-fda-expedites-review-ocrelizumab
    Awesome news, Marco!!! Where's my good friend Jerry?! He'll be excited to see this, too. It's about time. Thanks for sharing!
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Really glad to see this movement ! Here I am, DPL2014! I am paying attention ! I have been screaming about the lack of treatments and surprise!!! Lookee, here some drug company develops another entry into the treatment lottery ! Guess I shouldn't be a 'wet blanket' but my neurologist doesn't put too much faith in this drug ! It is a reformulation of an already existing drug, Rituxan (Rituximab)! The drug maker decided to start bring this drug into the MS market because they didn't want to lose their place in the MS market when their other MS drugs lost their patent protection ! I still want to see the results of the HSCT trials at Northwestern and the MSC-NP trial at Tisch/ NYU ! What gives ? I feel like my record is skipping !

Comment

Hey Jerry!

Really?!?! My neurologist thinks it's the end all, be all. Ugh. These drug companies..... Don't get me started. I'm not gonna lose hope just yet. Let's call it healthy skepticism. ;-)
        "It matters not how strait the gate,
        How charged with punishments the scroll,
        I am the master of my fate,
        I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Yeah, DPL2014 ! Always approach any new treatments cautiously ! If we weren't skeptics, what would we be ? Easy marks! Not me ! I would tell your neurologist that if the drug is 'all that', get me started on it ! That's what I am going to tell my neuro ! I am still looking for those trial results from he HSCT and MSC-NP trials ! click Good luck click

Comment

Good that new treatments/studies enter the pipeline for us lucky PPMS'ers.

I discussed this treatment with my Neuro at my last appt but he thinks Lemtrada is my best path at this point (my first treatment 5 dose course was July 2015).

Comment

Bring it on!

Hey Jerry! Are you stil in KOP? I will get on it and wait for either Lingo 1 or stem cell therapy. Anyone know someone that did a stem cell therapy trial?
              I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Yeah, I am still in KoP! And I agree that I will join all of you 'early adopters' when this drug hits the pharmacy shelves, if for no other reason that there isn't anything I like better than being the first monkey astronaut ! As soon as I get the word from my neurologist ! Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X