Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/4/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/4/16

Hi Everyone. I continue to struggle with Windows 10 but am slowly adjusting to some things. Others remain as clear as mud. AOL is different which makes no sense to me since they are different operating systems. I hope you are all adjusting to the Holidays being over with fewer temptations. The cold weather isn’t helping though. I hope none of you were caught in that terrible snow storm on the East Coast.

Hooray, I lost one pound this week so now weigh 118 pounds. I am pleased that I have something to show for my efforts. I now have three more pounds to discard before reaching my goal weight.

Agate, once again, you are commended for not gaining. Your consistency never ceases to amaze me. Being such a yo yoer I can’t imagine not going up regularly. Keep doing what you are doing.

Mamabug, good for you for having lost over half a pound. It is great that you show a loss for all of January. You are definitely headed in the right direction. Remember that slow can win the race. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but it sounds like you are really sizing up the situation. You are so right about habits being hard to change. It is so easy to succumb to eating or drinking comfort foods. I have confidence that you will work this challenge out. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season and that all is well.

Msgijo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is ok.

Abidingjones, good for you for losing especially under the circumstances. I’m so sorry to hear of your son’s challenge. I do hope he is well. I truly admire your determination to reach your weight loss goal. I know you will make it. Blessings.

I-Bo, drop in again anytime.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Per Dr. Fingerhood: Not counting the calories from alcohol.
    You would think this would be a no-brainer, but too many people sabotage their weight-loss efforts by their cocktail consumption. Cocktails don't need to be flat-out avoided, but you can't drink like a fish on the weekends and reach your weight-loss goals – no matter how well you eat during the week. And watch the size of your weekday pour – a 6-ounce glass of wine doesn't have the same calories as a 12-ounce glass.

Weight loss Results for 1-28-16:

Total Loss:

2.1 pounds by three members. Very good. Every ounce counts. Seeing losses reported even when they are not huge serves as encouragement to others. It can be done!

Total Gain:

.9 pound by one member. Congratulations for admitting the truth. Admitting the truth is hard but it serves as a warning to others. It also is an indication that you are taking the process seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3807.5 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.
    Last edited by Seasha; 02-03-2016, 10:45 PM. Reason: corrected date

I've been a week without coffee now. The green tea lasted about 5 days, but I am still really craving the creaminess of a morning drink, so I am drinking English Breakfast tea with one Tablespoon of sweet cream in it. So even though it's not green tea, its still quite a few calories less than the coffee!

However, that change in routine (or hormone fluctuations) has led me to be hungrier than usual. I have been trying to be mindful of my snacking, but have had a rough time this last week.

I am down .4 lbs from 218.6 to 218.2. I'm definitely on the right track,so that is encouraging!

Comment

Lost 0.4 lbs this week

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs
      01/28: 132.6 lbs

February weights:
      02/04: 132.2 lbs

Lost 2.4 lbs since 12/31.

Didn't track calories at all this week; I really hate doing it, and, since I'm continuing to be successful without, albeit slow, I'm not going to worry about it until my weight stagnates or begins to creep up. It's possible that the little bit of tracking that I did near the beginning of January was enough to get me back on the right road.
      Last edited by Mamabug; 02-08-2016, 02:13 PM.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi all. It has been a busy couple of weeks, and I have to admit that I let all thoughts of weight loss go out the window .

1/22 136
        2/7 138.9

Gain of 2.9 pounds . Not unexpected since week before last DH and I were running around trying to get everything together for his surgery - approvals and leave from work forms etc. - and since we were out so much it just made sense to eat out (NOT but sounded good at the time). Last week was his surgery. It went well but a lot of running around for me, and so yeah fast food looked really good.

He is home now, and it is time to buckle down and start eating properly again.

Comment

Still at 116.

Eating in restaurants or eating a lot of takeout food seems to be a real problem for people. It's very hard to keep track of calories, and restaurants seem to have overly generous servings--which of course helps them to sell their food.

Sometimes eating out can't be avoided though. msgijo, it sounds as if you've had one of those times. I'm glad your husband is home, with the surgery past him.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

lost 1 lb

01/25-157.5
            02/09-156.5

It's been tough! I'm surprised I lost weight. The hard work is paying off. This past week has been stressful. My husband's brother was served with divorce papers on Wednesday; the day before his birthday.
            My daughter had chest pain (I thought was reflux)and a racing heart. It turns out she has a problem with her mital valve. I feel like a bad mother for discounting her pain initially. We are waiting to hear from the cardiologist. Not sure what we are supposed to do. The PCP told her to take Advil or Motrin for pain.
            Walking has been a good stress reliever.
            Be Blessed
            DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Working...
            X