A THOUGHT A OCCURRED TO ME.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Me too! To me a warrior means someone who battles on in spite of losses and the "slings and arrows" flung their way. It is someone who will fall, but pick themself up and will courageously carry on against this war!
    Count me as a WARRIOR also.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
      Well, don't really know.
      When people ask me how I'm doing, I say, "Still alive."

I used to say, "Still standing" but can't actually stand for long enough to have the conservation anymore.
      I am an MS survivor, but I'm also a MS victim and definitely a sufferer.

"Cancer Surviver" suggests you've beaten it and the battle is over. Hopefully one day we'll be able to say that about MS.
      I'd happily wear a "MS Lab Rat" t-shirt.
      Just saw this thread and your post cracks me up...I think the stage and age you're at may determine what your particular t shirt says. Mine would start with "Still Alive", but that would have had to have been crossed out with the word "Existing" written underneath, but now? I'd probably cross that word out and leave it at "Subsisting" at thus point! Of course, "M.S. Sucks" is a perennial favorite of mine!

For those of you keeping it positive, just ignore me...I am pretty cynical even without M.S.!
      Tawanda

Comment

Said in my best Monty Python accent:

"Have MS, but I'm not quite dead yet!"
        "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~James Elliot

Comment

I prefer the title of Manager

I prefer the title of Manager.

It's as if Human Resources (my body) has given me a new employee (MS)... an employee I can't get rid of. No matter how much I dislike the employee.

Some days the employee works its butt off (bad days).
          Some days the employee takes an extended weekend off only to come back and shirk some of their responsibilities and hide under the desk for naps. Can be seen when they come come out to eat lunch and spend long bathroom breaks reading the newspaper in the restroom stall (challenging days).
          Oftentimes the employee takes a few extended vacations (good days). The employee has 6-8 weeks of vacation as a benefit.

Managing my body with this particular employee has been mind boggling to say the least.

Comment

RColeman

I like your analogy but my problem with it is my employee never takes any time off. He/she is always with me nipping at my heels being a general pain in the butt.
            Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
            Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by RColeman View Post
              I prefer the title of Manager.

It's as if Human Resources (my body) has given me a new employee (MS)... an employee I can't get rid of. No matter how much I dislike the employee.

Some days the employee works its butt off (bad days).
              Some days the employee takes an extended weekend off only to come back and shirk some of their responsibilities and hide under the desk for naps. Can be seen when they come come out to eat lunch and spend long bathroom breaks reading the newspaper in the restroom stall (challenging days).
              Oftentimes the employee takes a few extended vacations (good days). The employee has 6-8 weeks of vacation as a benefit.

Managing my body with this particular employee has been mind boggling to say the least.
              I, too, like your employment analogy, but M.S. is more like my bad boss and I am the subordinate. At my "company", I can't resign, can't transfer, and even though I am constantly falling asleep on the job, I can't even get myself fired!
              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
              X