No announcement yet.

Health Update: Day by Day and Step by Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

................ welcome to 2016 .............

I had a spinal stimulator implanted on December 21st and almost done with the rehab. It was confirmed today that I will need a "revision" to get the stimulator working as intended. A "revision" is a lovely marketing term that sounds a lot better than "another surgery." So yes, I will again be in surgery before too long. When is 2017 coming? LOL!

Peace & Love!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      I had a spinal stimulator implanted on December 21st and almost done with the rehab. It was confirmed today that I will need a "revision" to get the stimulator working as intended. A "revision" is a lovely marketing term that sounds a lot better than "another surgery." So yes, I will again be in surgery before too long. When is 2017 coming? LOL!

Peace & Love!
      Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear about the revision...are they tweeking the position? How did they find out you needed the revision?

I know all about revisions (I've had 2 with my pump...things moved...catheter one time, pump the other.) I hadn't thought about it but you're right, the word revision is just a fancy way of saying surgery...at least with these devices. As far as my pump goes, I'd have a revision a year to continue with the relief it brings

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss, Marco. You are very special to us here. You M.S. research updates have always been easy for me to understand and have offered hope which seems to be in such short supply. You are one of the good guys. You wear the white hat. It is my belief that this is old news to your Dad who is smiling down upon you!
        Tawanda

Comment

Sorry for the "revision" need. Here's hoping they get it right and stabilized for now. Lots of luck.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
            Sorry to hear about the revision...are they tweeking the position?
            How did they find out you needed the revision?
            The position of the spinal stimulator is causing clothing problems. Right now, I have to find clothing that fits between between the bottom of my pump and the top of the stimulator leaving me about a 1/2 inch waistline.

These are problems that Lee Major never faced ....

Comment

Marco

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I, like you, believe there is a much greater life waiting for us on the other side where we will be reunited with our loved ones.

I have learned so much from about MS and especially the VA. Your guidance with the VA has been invaluable for that I thank you!

I pray that 2016 will be a much better year for you and all of us that are battling this dreaded disease that make even the toughest of men cry.
              Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
              Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post

These are problems that Lee Major never faced ....
                I am old enough to know who this is! I am sure there are others googling away. Thanks for the laugh.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Me too pennstater. Marco that was so cute.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                  X