Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions needed - pedometer for canes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions needed - pedometer for canes.

It has been 15 years and almost 23 days since my first MS event; I continue to be fortunate.

Since mid October 2015 I've been walking better than I have in a long time - a trip to Italy required that I not use a scooter and I was forced to walk difficult paths or skip meals If you have problems walking on steep paths don't visit Cortona or other hilltop towns.

The result was unexpected especially as I had to delay my Tysabri infusion by 10 days, and aside from an unpleasant urinary event, I am getting stronger and relearning how to walk! (My wife is wonderfully supportive and despite her mild mannered surface can be tough).

As a rather lazy and somewhat analytical guy I want to attach a pedometer or similar to my forearm cane so I can keep track of how many steps I take in a day.

I suppose I could order several from Amazon and try them out, but if you have suggestions I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

G

Found a pedometer - it was in my pocket and free

Periodically yahoo's tech page has not only interesting but useful information.

Here's what I read yesterday
    tech/timex-and-withings-watches-combine-

It turns out that withings.com has a free ap for iPhones (probably some Androids as well) that makes a reasonable pedometer for me.

I don't need to buy anything.

Having used it for a day or two it seems accurate enough.

If I can avoid dropping the iPhone on concrete I'll have a record of steps taken over time w/o data entry,

Comment

A basic fit bit would work. You wear it like a watch or can clip it on to something. It can even track your sleep habits. It syncs up to a Bluetooth enabled computer, tablet or cellphone. Also some smartphones come with tracker softer installed that just need to be activate. The downside for me using it was I didn't always have my cellphone on me so I switched to a Fitbit.
      Carrie

Comment

Working...
      X