I alllmost died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I alllmost died...

sI have been in and out of the hospital for the last year with UTIs. This last time I fell off of the bed and was unconcious for several hours and my mom found me, called the EMTs. They took me to this tiny hospital and they intubated me, but before they did I could hear them say "she is not breathing" t tThey were running around and it was difficult to put in.

Found out that this was another UTI so I had the supra-pubic cath removed. Immediately felt better.

I have missed most of this year due to these, just was crazy. Just a cautionary tale of what can happen with a supra-pubic cath.

hope everyone else is doing OK

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Wow Lisa!! How horrible for you! Thank God you are now doing OK and your mom was around to see to you. We have truly missed you here.

Here's to a better year with no hospital visits
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yeah ! No hospital visits ! You'll really miss the food ! Good luck

Comment

OMG, Lisa! I'm so glad your mom found you! What a terrifying experience.

So glad you are OK. Please know you've been missed and have been in my prayers. I hope removing the suprapubic cath is the answer you needed.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
          sI have been in and out of the hospital for the last year with UTIs. This last time I fell off of the bed and was unconcious for several hours and my mom found me, called the EMTs. They took me to this tiny hospital and they intubated me, but before they did I could hear them say "she is not breathing" t tThey were running around and it was difficult to put in.

Found out that this was another UTI so I had the supra-pubic cath removed. Immediately felt better.

I have missed most of this year due to these, just was crazy. Just a cautionary tale of what can happen with a supra-pubic cath.

hope everyone else is doing OK

Lisa
          Hi Lisa

So sorry to learn about what you've been going through.

Hope you are on the mend and feeling better each day.

Wishing you a much better new year, with good health and peace of mind.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

OMGoodness!! I'm glad you're okay and I'm glad dr. removed the cath. I pray 2016 will be a better year for you, you have been thru a lot.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

OH NO!

Thank goodness your mom found you - I am so so sorry!!! Very glad to hear you are doing better and that the catheter is out. (((HUGS)))
              Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

(hugs)

Lisa, I am sooooo glad to hear from you and so sorry that you have been so sick. I thought that you had test strips to help you keep track of your uti's.

I am praying for you, your health, and your mom. She must have been scared!

Please keep us updated. We care about you.

Comment

Life alert

Lisa,

Glad you are back, and that you have the catheter out. You have been missed, in a loving way.

Do you have one of them life alerts, that call if you fall? You do not have to press a button. I do not know if they have a mode on them to sense lack of movement when you are sleeping. But, what a good invention if they do have that, too.
                  God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear this. I am sure extremely scary for both you and your Mom. I hope you continue to feel better. Maybe you could have a few people call each day at set times, and if no answer call someone close to check on you.

Glad you are back!
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Ty everyone. I am glad to be "back am glad to be in the world of the living."

Lisa
                      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                      Tysabri

Comment

Lisa, I am so glad that you are back with us and that you have found out what is causing your UTIs. I also seem to experience at least one per month, but not of the severity that you experience. I hope that you continue to do well, and I hope this year is free of any hospital visits!
                        As was already said, you were greatly missed.
                        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                        volunteer
                        MS World
                        hunterd@msworld.org
                        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I am soooo glad you are back with the living. Was wondering where you were.

(((((BIG HUGS))))))
                          Katie
                          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                          "My MS is a Journey for One."
                          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

wow

I'm so glad your mom found you and you are ok now!

Comment

glad you're on the mend

Sounds like you went through a scary time. I'm glad you are doing better.
                              RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
                              (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
                              Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Working...
                              X