A DAY WHERE I JUST DON'T CARE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A DAY WHERE I JUST DON'T CARE!

Today is one of those days where I don't care about anything. If the world were to end today that would be just fine with me. These kind of feelings are not like me at all.

I'm having a terrible physical day today. The spasticity in my legs is overwhelming and causing pain that just won't stop. Maybe that's why I feel so bad emotionally.

I hate days like today. I feel useless and alone. I know this to shall pass so I have that to look forward to. Does anyone else ever feel like this? It's a terrible feeling. I just want to be in a room by myself. Enough of this pity party. I just needed to get these feelings off my chest.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

when I feel like this,

that is exactly what I do. Go in a room by myself. When i feel like crap it is the best thing I can do. Reaching out via MSWorld helps me but so does watching a movie or reading a book. Fortunately, pain is not a big factor for me at this time but it has been in the past and boy oh boy, I get VERY cranky so it is best for me to isolate. I am very sorry you are in pain. I am sure that makes it a hundred times more difficult. I am sending you prayers.

If you continue to be in extreme pain please get in touch with your doctor or a Palliative Care Center. Far as I know, no one is handling out medals for bravery for MS patients. Growing up we all heard "tough it out" and that is a good philosophy in many situations. Rehab, physical therapy, obligations, etc. In your case, no good (that I can think of)an come from you toughing it out. That being said...I'm not a doctor, I am just a person that gets to witness a lot of patients untreated pain and it ain't pretty.

Comment

WDS

You need a Battle Plan for times like this.

But you need to organize your resources first. Talk to your Neuro about pain management...'cause your current plan is not working. Once you got the right med, and no med is 100% effective, plan ahead what you are going to do. As the other poster stated, read a book.

Stress makes the situation worse. So you got to get rid of the stress.

When things get really bad with me, I work on a puzzle. It is set up on my Dining Room table...1000 pieces. An hour of that, I feel much better. There is always a puzzle in place for me to work.

Hope you feel better today.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I hear you my friend!!

This is one of my first posts on this site..I am feeling exactly what you are feeling today. I'm so terribly tired, but can't sleep, my shoulders and legs ache, my legs feel like they are composed of a mixture of lead and jello...I want to go back to work and help people again. The person I was just five months ago is gone..I don't even recognize the person in the mirror. Wow..neuro appt is next month..first one in nine years..not a fan of doctors..

Comment

(HUGS)

I'm sorry that you are feeling bad, please seek out a remedy for the pain (if possible) there is so many things that we have to deal with because we have no choice, if getting your pain under control if doable, then go for it.

Take some time for yourself, reading a good book sounds like a good idea or a comedy always makes me feel better.

Hang in there! We understand!

Comment

[QUOTE=Waydwnsouth1;1488069]Today is one of those days where I don't care about anything. If the world were to end today that would be just fine with me. These kind of feelings are not like me at all.

I'm having a terrible physical day today. The spasticity in my legs is overwhelming and causing pain that just won't stop. Maybe that's why I feel so bad emotionally.

I hate days like today. I feel useless and alone. I know this to shall pass so I have that to look forward to. Does anyone else ever feel like this? It's a terrible feeling. I just want to be in a room by myself. Enough of this pity party. I just needed to get these feelings off my chest.[/QUOTE

Sorry for what you are going through. Glad you came here to let us know. But I wonder what drug you are on for your spasticity.

I noticed in last few months that I was getting more and more irritable, more spasticity, joint pain. Then breathing issues and chest pain brought me to the ER in December over 1 week, spending one night in hospital. Turns out my heart is fine, no stroke but something told me to look up side effects of Baclofen. Well chest pain and breathing issues are not common but listed. Got off of it, and whalla.. I feel so much better!!!! Now I do not have anything right now for spasticity, but it has improved some. I am using Gabapentin for nerve pain, and Tylenol. I still wish I had something for the tightness/stiffness. We'll see neuro in February. Let us know how you are doing, hon. HUGS
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I have felt this way MANY times since first having symptoms as well as following my diagnosis. Some quiet, alone time is most often a must for me.

Recently I began to meditate and do some gentle yoga. I feel so much better all the time. I don't necessarily feel a ton better physically but mentally, I feel at least 60% better than I have in years.

Look up some short, guided meditations on YouTube. It's awkward at 1st but if you follow the gentle instructions, I bet it could help your mood! Good luck.

Comment

Spasticity is awful

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
                Today is one of those days where I don't care about anything. If the world were to end today that would be just fine with me. These kind of feelings are not like me at all.

I hate days like today. I feel useless and alone. I know this to shall pass so I have that to look forward to. Does anyone else ever feel like this? It's a terrible feeling. I just want to be in a room by myself. Enough of this pity party. I just needed to get these feelings off my chest.
                This is a good place to vent. I haven't dealt with spasticity as intense as yours, but there have been bad weeks and days in the past 16 years, especially in the evening.

A good massage therapist, in my case, a smart woman with very strong hands and a willingness to cause pain, helped spastic thigh and calf muscles to relax. Her efforts may have improved circulation in my weaker leg, it no longer gets ice cold.

Despite having to relearn how to walk in these past months, along with balance and strength issues that make me use a pair of forearm canes, I think using my legs has reduced pain and spasticity.

I've found that a small quantity (the size of a pea, shredded, vaporizer set to 370 F) of marijuana inhaled from a vaporizer at bedtime helps me sleep well and is more effective than Tizanidine for spasticity. I've never smoked cigarettes, even after 5 years I still have trouble inhaling.

I live in northern California where medical MJ is legal and have a recommendation from my neuro.

If you prefer edibles, start with very, very, very, very small pieces or you might have an unpleasant hour or more. One can't OD on MJ but be careful.

With the small dose, infrequently inhaled over an hour, not only are my muscles happier, but my spirits are improved as I fall asleep.

Let me close by saying I have no idea if any of these approaches will work for you, collectively they seem to work for me.

Good luck!

G
                Last edited by Seasha; 01-23-2016, 01:39 PM. Reason: Guideline #10

Comment

Working...
                X