Baclofen and liver function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and liver function

My liver enzymes have been slowly increasing and I'm not sure what is causing it. I went off of gilenya at the advice of my doctor because of low white blood count. At that point, my liver enzymes were "unremarkably" elevated. I got new labs after having been off gilenya for a month. My liver enzymes are still climbing. I'm trying to pinpoint what has changed and all I can come up with is the addition of baclofen...any experience with or knowledge of this???

Hi KevsLuv,

Sorry you were taken off Gilenya (it did a number on my wbc counts, too.)

It's possible Baclofen is impacting your liver.'"Hepatic side effects including elevated liver function tests have been reported rarely."

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/baclofen-side-effects.html

Please talk with your doctor about this.

Best of luck and please keep us updated,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Yeah, gilenya seemed to be working well for me. My white count hasn't rebounded as much as we'd hoped so I was just informed that I should take 3 months off DMTs. She doesn't know what we'll try next. This is exhausting!

Comment

Originally posted by KevsLuv View Post
        Yeah, gilenya seemed to be working well for me.
        I hear you there.

Originally posted by KevsLuv
        My white count hasn't rebounded as much as we'd hoped so I was just informed that I should take 3 months off DMTs. She doesn't know what we'll try next. This is exhausting!
        Sorry. Mine didn't rebound very quickly, either. But as much as this all stinks, it was a good decision to stop Gilenya. I ended up with life threatening infections because mine were too low; not once, but twice. First while still on Gilenya, and then again a few months after it had been discontinued.

I had to wait 9 months before starting my next therapy, Tysabri. I hope both you don't need to wait anywhere near that long, and both your wbc counts and liver enzymes return to normal soon! Good luck on your next therapy, and please update us on when/ what it will be.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
        X