TOUCH program questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOUCH program questions

Does everyone's infusion center ask them the required questions before their infusion?

I've been to 2 different infusion centers & neither asked me these questions.
    MS dx's 2000
    Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Originally posted by allHailye2 View Post
    Does everyone's infusion center ask them the required questions before their infusion?

Mine did religiously for the first 4 1/2 years. After they realized I knew to notify them of any changes to the questions, we moved on....

Comment

My first Infusion center did, every time for 3 years. This was at a large hospital, and you didn't have the same nurse consistently.

New site is small and same nurse each time. Once she knew me, and she knew I understood the drill, she just asks if any changes and if I want her to go thru the detail questions. They also have the questions hanging up for review.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        My first Infusion center did, every time for 3 years. This was at a large hospital, and you didn't have the same nurse consistently.

New site is small and same nurse each time. Once she knew me, and she knew I understood the drill, she just asks if any changes and if I want her to go thru the detail questions. They also have the questions hanging up for review.
        Once I read your answer, I realized my nurse does exactly the same thing! They also have the questions hanging up.

Comment

Originally posted by allHailye2 View Post

They just ask me how I'm doing, they write down my answers.

Comment

I have been on Tysabri for over 9 yrs. I have been to at least 6 infusion centers and until a few years ago have been asked the questions and now the infusion center associated with the RMmsC knows I know the drill.

The questions are asked to protect your health. If you answer yes to most of those questions the nurse needs to contact your Dr to see if they should continue with your infusion. I would be my own advocate and ask for the supervisor-they are not taking proper care of you.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

What are the questions?
              🌞Always radiate sunshine🌞

Comment

Originally posted by Ladams79 View Post
                What are the questions?
                Hi Ladams,

I'm asked if there are any new/ changes in my medications, changes in my neurological status, or if I have if I have any infections.

A yes answer to any of these questions may raise the red flag not to infuse the medication and warrant a phone call to my neurologist.

Here is the actual checklist:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForIndu.../UCM361118.htm
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
                X