vision question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vision question

For the past couple of years I have experienced significant vision changes. My strong eye (for distances) is now my very much weaker eye...weird but getting older so, new prescription, then a year later stronger script and another new pair of glasses. Again not a big deal. I also have noticed that I have gone from being a 2 book a week gal to more like 1 book every month or so. I believe this has as much to do with cognitive issues as it does with vision fatigue (if there is even such a thing??)and/or fatigue in general.

However, today I noticed something that has freaked me out a bit.

My head is turning from left to right while reading a sentence. I know a lot of people do this when reading (especially new readers)but I have always found it kind of strange (in a non-judgmental way)when it is someone who has been reading for awhile and wondered "why they are moving their heads instead of just moving their eyes"....now here I am doing it!

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? I put it in the search and nothing popped up so I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks,
    Maggi

now I am too

I never noticed that I was also turning my head as I read. I also love to read, and it does tire me significantly more than ever before... Always thought it was a cognitive issue.

I will say that I now read on a Kindle. I can easily change the font size, background color, font color, and if I finish a book at 3 am (up to the bathroom AGAIN), I can get on line and get another book immediately if I had not remembered to do it the day before.

Hope you find a way to make it work for you. Reading is definitely something I need.

karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

same thing here!

i have the same thing with my eyes i cant see far away or close up and more thankfully i have an appointment the 16th of next month
      happydance

Comment

With any new symptom, I always suspect an MS flare.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I move my head around too when I read

I use a kindle and have a black background and very large white font.
          But when the ON started to become really obvious in my left eye,
          I started moving my head to read as all the letters on the left disappeared.
          It was kind of gradual, so I didn't realize I was doing it.
          The ON has left permanent damage in my left eye, so I too am now
          a head turner. I don't read as much as I used to, but I still do it daily. And
          I think it's not only a vision thing, but a cog thing as well. I have to re-read
          pages from the night before just to get back into the story.
          Dx 11/09
          Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Working...
          X