just shoot me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just shoot me

The last few days have not been good. I guess I did too much over Christmas I've had periods where I could not move. Last night I had to ask DH to feed me because I couldn't even lift a spoon. Then, when we were going t bed, someone superglued my feet to the floor. Poor DH just about had to pick me up and throw me into bed. He is not strong enough for this. I was hurting, he was hurting, and at one point i said "just shoot me and put us both out of my misery." He didn't say anything. I'm sure he didn't think I was serious.....I was., well no,not really. But when I think of spending the next 20 to 30 years like this......I thank God for my religion and my family. They are what keeps me going.

I'll shoot as many HUGS as I can squish through the interwebs as I can at you.
    Rest well & feel refreshed soon dear Patti.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
      The last few days have not been good. I guess I did too much over Christmas I've had periods where I could not move. Last night I had to ask DH to feed me because I couldn't even lift a spoon. Then, when we were going t bed, someone superglued my feet to the floor. Poor DH just about had to pick me up and throw me into bed. He is not strong enough for this. I was hurting, he was hurting, and at one point i said "just shoot me and put us both out of my misery." He didn't say anything. I'm sure he didn't think I was serious.....I was., well no,not really. But when I think of spending the next 20 to 30 years like this......I thank God for my religion and my family. They are what keeps me going.
      Patti

I feel bad for you and the experiences you've been going through, as I have experienced this inability to move also.

There have been times that extreme fatigue due to overactivity or from an infection has caused me to have no control over moving my arms/legs. It's quite frustrating, depressing, and scary when you can't move.

Have you improved any since last night?

For me, this predicament gradually gets better over time, sometimes taking several days to recover and get back to where I was before the extreme fatigue or infection.

Not sure if you are RRMS, and a relapse could be a consideration?

In any case, hope you are getting better by the minute.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It's much better

Thanks for the encouraging words, KoKo and Tina. I am feeling much better now. I am RRMS, plus I'm just coming off a UTI. I think that plus too much holiday is what led to this. Good news though - for the past year or so, I have had to get up about 7 times a night to potty. This has done nothing for my state of mind! The dr. has tried me on all kinds of meds for it, with no change. The newest one seems to be doing me good though - didn't get up at all last night!

Comment

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
          Thanks for the encouraging words, KoKo and Tina. I am feeling much better now. I am RRMS, plus I'm just coming off a UTI. I think that plus too much holiday is what led to this. Good news though - for the past year or so, I have had to get up about 7 times a night to potty. This has done nothing for my state of mind! The dr. has tried me on all kinds of meds for it, with no change. The newest one seems to be doing me good though - didn't get up at all last night!
          Patti

So glad to learn that you're feeling better.

Also, good to know you had a restful night.

Interrupted sleep can certainly do a number on our minds!

Wishing you the best!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

what med?

So glad you are feeling better. That must be scary to the extreme!!

What med finally worked to keep you in bed and not having to hobble to the Bathroom 7 times a night. My med (Detrol) has it down to 3 times a night. That is still too many in my humble opinion.

thanks
            karen
            You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

hoping it's not a fluke!

The med. is oxybutynin - 5mg at bedtime. It lasts about 8 hrs. but I don't have a problem during the day, so I just take it at night. I have tried Detrol, Flomax, and several other meds, can't remember the names. The dr. told me if this didn't work, I might have to resort to a catheter or accept the fact that this is just what it is now. Thanks doc! I do hope last night wasn't just a fluke and this will take care of the problem!

Comment

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I've had that level of weakness in the past. It is what finally made me stop working. You had a lot going on with the insomnia and UTI, but if I push too hard, I lose all strength in arms/hands.

It is important to learn your warning signs and listen to them. It is really hard, especially with the holidays. But so important to do.

Hope all stays well.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm really glad to hear you slept well! (I wish...) It sure can help a person's outlook.
                  "Too much Holiday" is also a tough one. We're "supposed" to be full of joy & cheer, but I was just flat out tired. Thank heaven for a rescue by my bff or my 9 grandkids, 4 kids, 3 kids' spouses, etc would have all had gifts wrapped in plastic grocery sacks! (yeah I spoil those I love)

Rest well again Patti! My fingers are crossed that the oxybutynin is a game changer for you. You deserve a break & a whole lot more!!

Hugz
                  "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                  Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

holidaze

I know I overextended myself, but what do you do when DD and SIL come to visit and you really want to spend time with them, you have always hosted the family Christmas Eve get together and your not ready to give that up, this one wants you to come to their house for Christmas dinner, that one wants to come visit. etc. I want to do it all, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, how do you pick what to do and what not to do?

Comment

Well, I can't cut a piece of Camemberg cheese, let alone get it out of the fridge, so my hostessing days are over.
                      I feel so bad for my family, especially my mother, but I can't cover it anymore. I am like the Christmas turkey, well and truly stuffed.

Janis Joplin song. Get it while you can.

(Lordy Lord, I'm a misery tonight.)

Comment

patti

Patti,

Have you had the a workup by a urologist? Just making sure that you have and not being prescribed and treated just by the neuro for your bladder issues. It makes a big difference. I hope that the new med continues to work.
                        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

yes

I have had a complete workup with the urologist. I am continuing to do better with the latest med. No more whole nights without getting up, but 2 or 3 times a night sure beats 6 or 7!

Comment

Working...
                          X