1 Year for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Year for me

Today marks 1 full year on Aubagio for me.
    While I'd rather not be in this "club", I'm rather pleased with the results I've had so far. Almost no side effects, no additional lesions showing on my new MRI, and (best in my opinion) I feel pretty good most of the time.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
    Today marks 1 full year on Aubagio for me.
    While I'd rather not be in this "club", I'm rather pleased with the results I've had so far. Almost no side effects, no additional lesions showing on my new MRI, and (best in my opinion) I feel pretty good most of the time.
    Hi Tina

So glad to hear a positive report!

Wishing you pleasant results for 2016 as well.

Happy New Year!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm so happy that Aubagio is working so well for you and keeping things stable. You must be so pleased
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Tina.....Can't tell you how happy I am for you. I just started back on here. Have been sick with many different issues. I am still off med and in January will be having my second MRI since my diagnose a year and a half ago. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try Aubagio. Do you begin in small doses and work your way up? So glad I read your posts. You know this has been such a difficult decision after the Rebif and all it did to my body and depression. Well I'm moving onward and up word. Did you have ANY negatives???? Please share. I'm just so dang happy for you.

Bless you little lady......
        Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi Diamond!
          Negatives? Somewhere late in month 2 I had a couple weeks of mild diarrhea. By mild I mean I never even reached for any OTC remedies. Then around month 5 (?) I noticed about double the usual amount of hair in my brush. That lasted about 3 months, but the total hair loss was slight enough that nobody noticed, not even the girl who cuts my hair.
          Those are "negatives" I can live with!!
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."

Comment

Sorry to ask again but do they start you on small doses and work your way up?

Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Congrats Tina. Really glad you are stable on it and have not had too many side effects. Love hearing when someone is doing well.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Diamond - I started on the 14mg on day one. Easy as pie.

Comment

3 months for me

So glad I found this thread~and congrats to you on your 1 year!
                  I feel better hearing from somebody who has been on Aubagio and has had good
                  results
                  I just passed the 3 month mark a few days ago. Around the 3 week point, I had
                  a bad flare and had to do a high dose steroid treatment. I didn't know if my feeling
                  very lousy was due to the Aubagio or the Prenisone. Serious stomach upset
                  could have been either. But before I was on the week of prednisone, I was experiencing
                  insomnia. I take trazodone for sleep (12.5 mg) so my neuro suggested I take two of my
                  1/4 tabs to help me sleep. It didn't really help and I just started hallucinating
                  Everything evened out about a week after I took the steroids.

I did have a few episodes of hair loss. I did get my hair cut short in anticipation of potential
                  hair loss. There was a total of 4 times that I kind of gasped when I cleaned the catch after my shower. Luckily, I have very thick hair, so it wasn't noticeable. But so far, that's really all that
                  I have experienced that I would consider "bad". I wont have my next MRI until around
                  March, so I'm anxious to see if the aubagio is working

I was on Tecfidera before I started Aubagio in September. That was a pretty epic fail
                  A bad relapse (I guess two including the one in October), and new lesions.

So happy to hear some promising results on Aubagio~!
                  Dx 11/09
                  Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Hi Ivy_Sprite!

Prednisone ALWAYS makes my stomach feel dreadful. As odd as it may sound, I've not needed it for MS, but have had it to "break" migraines that have lasted days. It works, but UGH, my stomach pays. I dread what would happen if I were to need the high dose for a bad flare.::shudder::
                    Thankfully I've been lucky in that regard.
                    Best wishes for your MRI on March - let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                    X