Lost four hours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost four hours!

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Got up at 8:30 the morning (Went to sleep around 11:00 PM last night), which is a lot of sleep for me, but thought "Yea! Must have needed it, and it will do me some good!" So I made a cup of coffee, turned on the TV, sat down, and woke up at 12:30 PM! My coffee cup was full, and stone cold of course.

This is not normal for me. I don't usually just nod off unless it's really late at night, and not after just having gotten that much sleep. And I rarely stay asleep for four hours at a stretch, even during normal sleeping time. I took an inventory of my meds because some of them could maybe cause this if I took an overdose. But no, all accounted for.

I have "people" but they're all not here right now, so I have several texting or calling on a schedule so that one is "pinging" me at least once an hour. And I will certainly talk to more than one of my doctors on Monday. But this is very weird, at least for me. Just wondered if this is something that happens to other MSers because I've never heard if it as a symptom. Thanks.
    PPMS
    Dx 07/13

Nothing like that has happened to me, but I can understand how odd it must feel. Monday will sure be a crazy day at every doctor's office after the holiday weekend, be patient with them.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I have had this happen. Do you have MS fatigue?

I occasionally have day(s) where I feel like Rip Van Winkle and can't stay awake.

And there are usually a few days every few months where I do what you just did. I have my tea, take meds, eat breakfast and feel like I am awake. I sit down to read or plan day, and then next thing I know, the dog is nudging me to go out. And it is 3-4 hours later!
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Never for that long but 30 min or so is not uncommon for me.

Mostly when I lose time I don't actually fall asleep I just sort of space. I'll be sitting in front of the TV or computer or even a book and 2 hours later If you asked me what I just watched or read I'll have no idea. I had to re-read a bunch of pages in a book I was reading the other day because I might as well have just been flipping pages like a cat for all I could remember of what I had read. I told my neuro on the 14th and she basically said MS fatigue with possibly a side of depression.
        Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          I occasionally have day(s) where I feel like Rip Van Winkle and can't stay awake.
          Same here.

Once in awhile I will lose an entire day because I keep falling asleep. At those times I feel exhausted and have absolutely no energy. Although I hate wasting the day I have no choice (or control) but to give in and fall asleep. Usually I will be back to normal the following day although I have had this happen two days in a row.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Now this is just MY opinion, but I just recently went through 2 ER visits and found out my Baclofen was causing some serious side effects. Been taking it for years, no problem, never even thought of side effects. Then I looked it up and yes it can cause chest pain and breathing issues. My MS neuro doesn't think its the Baclofen. BUT I am feeling SO ALERT, more than in years!! I can breathe easily, normally now. So what else could it be?

Now how is this related to your losing 4 hours? Well, I think, many meds lose their efficacy and sorta blend together in causing problems not typical.

I would not blame all this on MS fatigue either. Since you mentioned that this is not typical for you. If it continues, I would definitely let your neuro know. Get your med levels checked if they can to make sure they are in the safe zone.

And...again, not everything is related to MS. Or it could be a complication discussed with your Neuro.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

one time I fell asleep with my coffee mug in my hand while I was at the computer! The computer did not like my coffee. Let your numerologist no, mine prescribed modafinil (generic form of Provigil). Maybe that will help you, if it is MS fatigue.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks all for your ideas. It hasn't happened again since that one time. It was just so disturbing because it wasn't like when you just drop off to sleep. You know how when you wake up, you have a sense that you were sleeping? This wasn't like that. I just all of a sudden realized it was four hours later.

Someone asked upthread if I had MS fatigue, but I'm not sure how to answer that. From the way I've heard people describe it, I'd say no, I don't have that overwhelming feeling of exhaustion, although I often feel very sleepy, and I often feel like my limbs just won't work anymore if I don't rest. Those are two different things. But I don't think either one of those are quite the same as what other people feel.

Anyway, maybe it was just one of those weird things that will never have an answer. And who knows? Maybe it won't even happen ever again. That would be good.
                PPMS
                Dx 07/13

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bo View Post
                  Thanks all for your ideas. It hasn't happened again since that one time. It was just so disturbing because it wasn't like when you just drop off to sleep. You know how when you wake up, you have a sense that you were sleeping? This wasn't like that. I just all of a sudden realized it was four hours later.

Someone asked upthread if I had MS fatigue, but I'm not sure how to answer that. From the way I've heard people describe it, I'd say no, I don't have that overwhelming feeling of exhaustion, although I often feel very sleepy, and I often feel like my limbs just won't work anymore if I don't rest. Those are two different things. But I don't think either one of those are quite the same as what other people feel.

Anyway, maybe it was just one of those weird things that will never have an answer. And who knows? Maybe it won't even happen ever again. That would be good.
                  Did you ever report it to your Neuro? You need to I believe. Keep track of what happens before and after.

FYI: I used to lose track of time or distorted it. I remember losing 20-30 minutes WHILE exercising on a machine. Now I knew I did not exercise that long (never could've), but did have a work up, showed abnormal EEGs but not a seizure disorder. It stopped now. Good luck! Don't drive until you know for sure what is going on k?
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
                  X