Happy Boxing Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day to all my Canadian friends!

~ From Faith
    Your dual citizen mod
    Although the US is also my home, Canada is definitely my roots and has had a huge role in shaping who I am.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

happy Boxing Day! I will be honest, I had to look it up on Google to find out what it meant.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Lol HunterD

My confession is that, I didn't realize, until after I moved to the US, that the USA did not celebrate Boxing Day. In Canada, we always celebrated Christmas with my mom's family and my Dad's family, alternating each year, on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

It is a national "statutory" holiday, just like Christmas Day. Employers are required to either give both days off, or pay time and a half if you need to work. It is also the biggest shopping day of the year, in Canada. Everything goes on sale after Christmas and Boxing Day sales are a big thing there.

It gets its name, and its history, from Britain, when employers used to give their servants the day off, and Christmas "boxes" as a gift.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X