Sensative skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensative skin

Hello everyone! I have had very sensitive skin on my left side from my rib cage down to my hip.It is very uncomfortable to touch.Also I have not changed anything soap or lotion related.I have had a tysabri infusion 2 weeks ago and wonder if this is med related or not. I have never had this before and the 1500mg a day of Gabapentin does not help.Any suggestions?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Sorry, no experience with this. Do you have a rash with it? I know they always ask this when I get infused. You can always call the Tysabri number and discuss with then and/,or your neuro.

I hope it goes away soon. Good Luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have had skin sensitivity on and off for years. Nothing helps it for me. It will get better after a few days, for the most part. However, my left leg is constantly a problem. I wish I could help you. If you find something, let us know! :-)
      ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

Not quite the same, but

I too have the sensitive skin thing going on - but mine is my feet (yeah both of them) and the doctors say that it is caused by neuropathy(sp?). Sometimes it hurts to even pull a sheet over my feet at night. Socks are something that I can no longer wear - a shame because my feet get SO cold that a pair of socks would feel good if only ANYTHING touching my feet wasn't so uncomfortable/painful.
        I haven't found anything that helps. And BTW I have never used tysabri.

Sorry that I have no suggestions for you, but I hope you find some relief soon

Comment

So last night, started with this pain. It is across my shoulder blades and neck area. My clothes hurt it, my hair hurts it. Then I remembered, I had this last year at the same time. Pressure is okay on it, like laying down as long as I am still. If I move, painful. Light touches really hurt. The shower hurts. It often feels like a bad sunburn.

Last year, when it didn't go away and vertigo came along with other symptoms, had steroids. It did go away then.

I am guessing for me, it was the stress of the holidays, along with the fatigue of getting everything done.

I hope you feel better.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Shingles

Well it turns out it is shingles. The rash came in two days after this pain. Has any of you had shingles after a Tysabri infusion? This is very painful!
            Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Comment

Working...
            X