Get a cup of coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a cup of coffee

Bad, bad mood, so I sent this (I have abbreviated it, and changed names to protect the guilty.)
    Since which time, I have taken redundancy, working on the theory that bugger-all is better than nothing at all.

Response first.
    "Good morning Ms Thatcher
    Your email to Disability Information Service of &@$:\ 2015 has been referred to the Complaints Unit."

Complaint:
    (I didn't realise it was a complaint as such I was just complaining.)

No doubt by the time the NDIS "rolls out" to me, I'll be too old, too disabled or possibly too dead to receive any benefits.

I've had MS for 20 years. Since the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) was announced, I've gone from walking and working to staggering along on a wheelie walker and working two days a week.
    The future does not look bright.

In all those years, I have had no assistance from the myriad organisations who supposedly exist to help. For instance, it took eight (8) months for my workplace to install a $50 ramp.

Asked Multiple Sclerosis Qld for assistance and advice.
    They offered to send some leaflets to "raise awareness". Yep, brilliant.

Told to ring Maurice Blackburn no-win no-pay lawyers. Told they had a soft spot for people with MS. An $800 an hour soft spot, as it turned out.

Particularly disappointed because I have always worked; about to be made redundant, and I will lose my superannuation TPI cover.

Work for a big media company. They are obviously concerned about potential self-harm amongst employees.

Sent an entirely useless BeyondBlue leaflet, all about preparing to find another job. Don't drink yourself to death. Choose something you've always wanted to do.
    'Cos we badly and genuinely disabled people are very promising candidates. Ballerina or astronaut perhaps.

This is it for me. I walk, so to speak, out that door, and it is over. I take redundancy, which is a pitiful amount after nine and a half years work - and I can't get Centrelink benefits until I've spent the money.
    Which won't take long.

No one will give me any advice without me forking out part of the pittance I earn.
    The NDIS may come to my rescue one day. Can't, literally, wait much longer.

I never say it, and I never thought it much before - after all why not me - but it is not fair. Disease is luck of the draw; long since came to terms with that - why does it have to be so hard?

What's happened:
    Phone call from the Federal Dept of Social Services & Disability etc coming on Monday. And yes I am a disgruntled former employee.

Three of us, out of seven, made redundant. Though we all have to work until August which I would argue meant we weren't really surplus to requirements.

Any hoo, that feels so much better just writing it down and getting it off my chest and onto someone else's. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas.

Oh dear, your letter just made me mad, sad and want to give you a hug!
    I must admit it I had difficulty comprehending your whole experience, but
    that's MY brain!

Your experiences seem so bureaucratic. Couldn't one person get the "human" side of you and your condition?

Yet your style of writing made me smile too.

Still...sending you a warm hug of healing and hope!
    Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I'm sorry that you are going through this situation. Praying for a workable solution.

Comment

Working...
      X