airline bathrooms - please advice me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airline bathrooms - please advice me

I need advice soon! I'm flying in 2 days to Hawaii with my husband. Yea! The flight is 6 1/2 hrs. on a Boeing 737. I can do pivot transfers with my husband helping me up. The attendants can assist some (I think). Will we be able to use the bathroom, or should I wear a pad and diaper just in case? Thanks.

Don't count on being able to get to the restroom.

Call the airline to see if the type of airplane you will be on carries an on-board aisle wheelchair. If it does, theoretically a flight attendant will assist with the chair but not with transferring.

My last flight was a bad experience. Due to an equipment substitution, I was in the front row but restrooms were in the back. The plane did not have an aisle wheelchair.
    It was impossible for me to go that far. I managed to hold it, only to find that all the restrooms on the concourse were closed for cleaning because it was after 11:00 pm when we landed. Talk about miserable!

Better safe than sorry. I hope you have a great vacation!

Comment

airline bathrooms

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
      Don't count on being able to get to the restroom.

Call the airline to see if the type of airplane you will be on carries an on-board aisle wheelchair. If it does, theoretically a flight attendant will assist with the chair but not with transferring.

My last flight was a bad experience. Due to an equipment substitution, I was in the front row but restrooms were in the back. The plane did not have an aisle wheelchair.
      It was impossible for me to go that far. I managed to hold it, only to find that all the restrooms on the concourse were closed for cleaning because it was after 11:00 pm when we landed. Talk about miserable!

Better safe than sorry. I hope you have a great vacation!
      Thanks for the advice. I already booked the aisle wheelchair and guess I will wear a Depends to be safe. I hope your next trip is much better.

Comment

Please post when you get back and let us know how it went.

Comment

Working...
        X