New Sympton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sympton

Last week in the late afternoon I noticed a strange feeling in my spinal cord. It felt like mild pressure or the build up of an electrical charge that cannot fire. At the same time my right leg was doing the same thing. I have had MS since 1992 and only have lesions in my spinal cord at the cervical level. This sensation would have been about the lower thoracic level. Will see my neurologist if it returns. Am just wondering if any one else get these type of sensations.

Hi Lyndagail,

Did the sensation feel like a buzzing or vibration (think of a cell phone on vibrate)? Did the sensation last very long?

Do you have Lhermittes sign? This is when you bend your head down and can experience abnormal sensations (vibrations/buzzing, tingling, electrical shock) from the spine down. The sensations Lhermittes causes will only last seconds but can be repeated each time you look down. When related to MS Lhermittes is caused by lesions on the cervical spine.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you Snoopy for replying.

I get Lhermittes sign all time even when I comb my hair. I already have four lesions in my cervical spine but wonder if this is this the start of a lesion further down. It has only happened the once but lasted several hours. It felt like pressure, a lump of pressure or an electrical impulse that could not release, a build of an electrical charge. At the same time I was having weird feelings in my right leg.
      Most of my symptoms since 1992 have been on my right side. My neuro says I do not have active disease but an suffering the residual effects from the first attacks. This seems new to me. I will wait and see. The Topomax usually controls any neuro symptoms but did not help with this symptom. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X