No announcement yet.

Question for those who walk poorly or can no longer walk:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have spasticity when I started having trouble walking, I take baclofen for it now.

I had to stop statins because it caused pain in my legs.

I hope you continue to get better.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      mjan, I forgot to mention the statin caused horrible fatigue and was very much apart of my inability to do anything.

Again thanks for your input, Snoopy. But I had most of what you described for years, way before any statin. I think in your case this med was a stressor which exacerbated some MS type symptoms. What I learned is that Statins are not good for females unless you are at risk for MI/stroke. I am.
      And they cause terrible charley horses. Again, those are better since getting off.

We'll see what happens. I think I did have some kind of flare and its on its way to remitting.

I still have problems with ligaments in my legs not supporting knees/ankles. That is new in last 6 months.

Thanks for ALL your input!
      Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Ah, the walking. Left leg gave up the ghost first, then two years later the right leg went out in sympathy.
        I can still stagger, but I have to have something to cling to. A wall, a rail, an arm. Wheelie walker sort of works, but my feet drag, and I am developing arms like Arnold Swarznegger.
        Also lifting the sod in and out of the car is a bridge too far. I have four (4) of the wretched things. One at work, one at home, one at my parents' house and one at my Aunt's.
        Free range; free fall. I cannot walk ten steps without something to lean on.
        It happened fairly slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
          I think in your case this med was a stressor which exacerbated some MS type symptoms. What I learned is that Statins are not good for females unless you are at risk for MI/stroke. I am.
          And they cause terrible charley horses. Again, those are better since getting off.
          I am glad you are doing better since getting off the statin.

Statins, by themselves, can cause memory loss, muscle pain, myopathy, rhabdomyolysis, diabetes, confusion, neuropathy, fatigue. Many of the symptoms can resolve once the medication is stopped but it is possible for it to be permanent.

https://statineffects.com/info/adverse_effects.htm
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X