FIRST VISIT TO MY NEW NEURO WITH A PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST VISIT TO MY NEW NEURO WITH A PROBLEM

Tomorrow morning I will be seeing my new Neuro for a problem I am having. I have started having difficulty walking and it seems to be getting worse. This will be my first visit with her with a real problem.

I am anxious to see how she handles it. I know how my other Neuro would have handled it. So this will be interesting to me anyway. Comparing their two styles.

I know this if I have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive to New Orleans I had better be pleased.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Good luck! I hope it works out well for you. Change can be difficult, but also surprisingly good.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

As it turned out I didn't make it to see my Neuro. My DW, who has been knowing about this visit for several days decided last night I didn't have any business driving to New Orleans by myself and she couldn't go with me.

I was more than a little upset but I respected her feelings and told her I wouldn't go. She said besides what are they going to do. I am having trouble walking.

So I e-mailed my Neuro and set it up for Monday morning. I will explain to my DW it's not so much about what they do but it's about getting it in your records and you never know what they may find. They don't necessarily do anything to help you. It's not all about that. When it comes to me driving I'm not going to take chances. If I don't feel like I can drive I will be the first one to say so. So now I have to wait and hope she can see me Monday.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Oh dear, sorry for this setback. Is your wife usually supportive? Seems you either didn't discuss that you planned to drive ahead of time with her or something is missing in this communication with her, right?

Yes, it is important to meet with your new Neuro when you are having a problem. You need to know what her policy is when you are struggling with something new or worse. Yes, she needs to record it to compare the exam in the past with this present issue. And she could offer you something, besides her understanding and support. You never know.

So I will be thinking of you on Monday and hoping you get all that you need. Just do not expect too much as this may be a process in helping you. Okay?
        Let us know how it goes.

Hugs to you and yours!
        Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
        X