Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg, arm & hand pain

hello,
    I was diagnosed with MS in October 2013. I have the general symptoms, weakness fatigue etc. I have for relapses last year, however after going on Gilenya in January I haven't had any, just the usual symptoms.
    About two weeks ago I started getting very bad leg pain, like aching. I saw my GP who put me on Lyrica, I have now been on it for 7 days but the pain seems to be getting worse. It's more constant & now is in my arms & hands as well. I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to whether this is temporary or permanent, what it is & any ideas as to what I can do. It is a public hi day in Australia today & I have been at home for 5 days, I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm scared about these symptoms as the pain is so bad that I just can't do much at all & if this is permanent I don't know how I can manage. HELP!! Thank you

Hi blondi50,

Have you considered Gilenya side effects for the pain you are experiencing in the legs, hands and arms? You may want to talk to your Neurologist for the best advice not your GP.

http://www.drugs.com/gilenya.html

Common Gilenya side effects may include:

•headache, back pain;
    •stomach pain, diarrhea;
    •pain in your arms or legs;
    •cough, stuffy nose, flu symptoms; or
    •abnormal liver function tests.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Sounds like Snoooy may be on to something there with the side effects of Gilenya.

Leg pain was one of my first symptoms and I still suffer with to this day 14 years later. Without my medication the pain can be so bad I cannot function. I tried Lyrica which didn't help at all. I won't mention what I'm now taking but suffice it to say it is substantially more powerful than Lyrica. I feel for you and I hope they can get you some help very soon!!
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X