Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protein Identified that may control progression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Identified that may control progression.

A key protein involved in driving forward the progression of MS has been identified by researchers.

The findings, published in the journal Nature Communications, suggests modern medicine is a step closer to being able to block the development of the disease.

The protein, CCR2, is a specific 'chemokine receptor' - and is involved in moving the body's immune response cells, the T-cells, around the body when persistent infections are attacking the body.

But the T-cells are also called on when a person suffers from an autoimmune disease like MS, attacking the body's own tissues.

They found that while blocking CCR6 makes MS symptoms worse, blocking CCR2 and diminishing its influence over T-cells could control the disease's progression.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/139...r_MS_patients/

Wow. This could be a big step. The beginning of the end of MS??
    Karen

Comment

Thanks!

Marco- Thanks for sharing this! It gives me hope on this cloudy, rainy day that maybe someday we will not have to live in fear of progression and wonder what this monster might take from us tomorrow. Hope is hard to find sometimes and I thank you for giving me a little piece of it today.

T

Comment

Working...
      X