TAWANDA...Where have you been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAWANDA...Where have you been?

Thought something happened to you. Sure glad you are back!
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

What Katie said. Good to see you back!

Comment

Hey all,
      Took some hits and needed a break. Family losses and a sudden loss of hearing in my left ear that was presenting like an ear tumor recently, too, or an "accoustic neuroma" to be precise. An MRI revealed no tumor, just M.S. doing it's thing. It was an unexpected surprise. MS and hearing loss? Had never contemplated that. I also have all kinds of weird noises in the same ear that could drive a person nuts.

I just felt so negative about this disease in general, stopped the whole DMT thing, and just felt like too much of a "Debbie Downer" to be around other MSers who don't need any more negativity!

I have my email in my profile. I am always happy to have a "side-bar" conversation as well! Thanks for being so sweet!!!
      Tawanda

Comment

I too have had this same thing, before MS was on the radar. Went to work one morning just fine, by lunch time had ear 'fullness', half an hour later the tinnitus started up (and has never stopped) and then by 2 pm I was deaf in that ear. Within a week I had unbelievable earache and couldn't stand up so they then thought either acoustic neuroma or tumour.

Emergency MRI revealed neither, but showed numerous lesions including one in my cerebellum so the doctors were asking me all sorts of questions, obviously thinking MS but I was too dense (and drugged) to realize. It wasn't until about six months later when the little gremlin decided to do another number on me that all the pieces fell into place.

Best wishes

Poppy

Comment

Well...I guess I am just going to have to send you an email.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
            I too have had this same thing, before MS was on the radar. Went to work one morning just fine, by lunch time had ear 'fullness', half an hour later the tinnitus started up (and has never stopped) and then by 2 pm I was deaf in that ear. Within a week I had unbelievable earache and couldn't stand up so they then thought either acoustic neuroma or tumour.

Emergency MRI revealed neither, but showed numerous lesions including one in my cerebellum so the doctors were asking me all sorts of questions, obviously thinking MS but I was too dense (and drugged) to realize. It wasn't until about six months later when the little gremlin decided to do another number on me that all the pieces fell into place.

Best wishes

Poppy
            Thank you Poppy for sharing your experience with me. All these years I thought about M.S. and failing vision, but not about hearing loss! I was hoping against hope that the "fullness" was just some wicked bad ear wax backup!

Now it is like living with a blown out speaker on one side of my head. I also have a fluttering eye that started the same time as the ear, on the same side of my head, which would also be indicative of a tumor, and another reason the ENT ordered an immediate MRI.

I was practically jumping up and down in the doctor's office when I found out that this horrible problem is "just" my M.S.! That's pretty sad! Too bad neither of us are improving. I have tried to live with this "bee" constantly buzzing in my ear (from the second I wake up to the second I fall asleep), but it ain't easy (although sometimes the frequency changes just for fun)! BTW, this lopsided hearing also caused vertigo, but it's better than being completely deaf in both ears...!

Thanks again.
            Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
              Well...I guess I am just going to have to send you an email.
              I would be honored!
              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
              X