Tisch MS center stem cell trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tisch MS center stem cell trial

As reported on TV recently, and on the Wheelchair Kamekazi blog, there has been some very positive news about the outcomes of Dr. Sadiq's clinical trial with stem cells for MS. Why isn't there the same news reported on this site? Granted, the trials are in very early stages . But, iMO, we deserve some positive news ! Isn't there someone on this board that has noticed this development ? If anyone is interested in the story, look up the Wheelchair Kamekazi blog.

Hey Jerry - here's the news clip from Fox 5 about Dr. Sadiq and the Tisch Center aired last week http://www.fox5ny.com/news/33677697-story

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes, Seasha, thanks for your swift response. I have already seen the news story, thanks to Marc the Wheelchair Kamikaze. The 'news' story 'aired' on Fox5 on about October 16th. And if iI didn't push the point, I suspect that 'news' would have made this board on about Halloween. That is disturbing to me ! But that's just me ! And the other subject of my disappointment is that, apparently, the NMSS refused to fund the stem cell trials at the Tisch MS Center in NYC. Some things about this really confuses me. I guess if I live long enough, I'll figure it out !

Comment

Why am I the only MSer posting about this 'news' ? I am sure this stem cell therapy is significant ! And this 'news' aired in NYC on Fox5 about October 15th or 16th ! I hope that there are others out there that will contribute to this thread !

Comment

Stem Cell Therapy

I am currently in Roatan, Honduras and there is a Stem Cell Clinic here called GARM. I came for the beach, but going to have a consult see what they say and go back with the info to my MS dr and see what she says.....Does anyone know of someone who has done this treatment? I know when I first got diagnosed 2 yrs ago, there were a few messages here about people going to Europe for therapy, but I didn't really consider it an option at the time and didn't pay much attention. I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience with this. This clinic is actually in a beach resort and apparently do a lot of professional athletes for knee and shoulder repairs etc.

Thanks,

Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by naiyve View Post
            I am currently in Roatan, Honduras and there is a Stem Cell Clinic here called GARM. I came for the beach, but going to have a consult see what they say and go back with the info to my MS dr and see what she says.....Does anyone know of someone who has done this treatment? I know when I first got diagnosed 2 yrs ago, there were a few messages here about people going to Europe for therapy, but I didn't really consider it an option at the time and didn't pay much attention. I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience with this. This clinic is actually in a beach resort and apparently do a lot of professional athletes for knee and shoulder repairs etc.

Thanks,

Dawn
            Hi Dawn,

I can guarantee you that place will do their best to try to lure you in for treatment. Be very wary of them, and I sure hope your neurologist would agree with that, as well. Here are two links for you to read:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ase-be-careful

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ase-be-careful

Best wishes

Hi Dawn,
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am sure that the stem cell treatments in Mexico and Central America are not FDA approved. I have followed stem cell replacement therapy since 2009. There are a few specific doctors and university hospitals that are experienced with those treatments. Sweden, Russia, Israel and Germany are a few of the countries that have hospitals that can and do perform these treatments. I have read about the programs 'south of the border', and they have not had the long term lasting effects that are produced by the FDA approved programs. Something to consider.

Comment

Thank you so much for the refrence to the posts! Any info pro or con is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                  As reported on TV recently, and on the Wheelchair Kamekazi blog, there has been some very positive news about the outcomes of Dr. Sadiq's clinical trial with stem cells for MS. Why isn't there the same news reported on this site? Granted, the trials are in very early stages . But, iMO, we deserve some positive news ! Isn't there someone on this board that has noticed this development ? If anyone is interested in the story, look up the Wheelchair Kamekazi blog.
                  Hi JerryD,

I am a patient at IMSMP and was at their recent patient symposium where the initial findings from the stem cell trial were discussed. Three patients out of 13 (there will be 20 totally included in phase one of the trial) were three months post infusion, which is the first point of discovery.

The patients they discussed including the one featured on Fox 5 News, are all showing positive responses including regaining mobility. Even though the trial is still in very early stages it was great to hear from the people themselves that they were feeling positive effects.

The Tisch stem cell trial is not to be confused with the autologous stem cell trials. Tisch takes the stem cells from bone marrow, not fat, and does the trial in tandem with the patients normal course of treatment.

Wheelchair Kamekazi does a great job of explaining all of this. Hope that helps!
                  Dx'ed 3/12
                  Avonex 4/12, Tec 11/14-12/14, Ty 3/15

Comment

Thank you, Deela, for the quick and informative post. I am quite sure that I understand the procedure that Dr. Sadiq performed for the 'lucky' 20. Is Richard Cohen in that 20 patient group, also ?
                    I applied to the study but I was told that the 'pool' was already full. Just my luck ! I hope that you are showing some of the positive signs from the stem cells. I hope that more of the 20 respond ! Good luck

Comment

here is some information that I found;
                      "A scientific summary of the study, information on the protocol and detail about participation, is posted at www.tischms.org"
                      hopefully this will answer any questions any of you may haveregarding this stem cell trial.
                      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                      volunteer
                      MS World
                      hunterd@msworld.org
                      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                        Thank you, Deela, for the quick and informative post. I am quite sure that I understand the procedure that Dr. Sadiq performed for the 'lucky' 20. Is Richard Cohen in that 20 patient group, also ?
                        I applied to the study but I was told that the 'pool' was already full. Just my luck ! I hope that you are showing some of the positive signs from the stem cells. I hope that more of the 20 respond ! Good luck
                        Unfortunately, I am not one of the 20. I do believe Richard Cohen is one of the 20 as he mentioned it recently on his blog. Hope to hear more good news as the results continue to be released.
                        Dx'ed 3/12
                        Avonex 4/12, Tec 11/14-12/14, Ty 3/15

Comment

hunterd, I have scoured all of the sites for news about the Tisch results and I want to know when the next 20 participants will be enrolled. If the trial is as successful as has been touted, when will the next trials begin? And why did the NMSS decline to participate in funding the trial ?
                          I am not the worlds most optimistic guy, normally, but I find it difficult to believe that this therapy is as good as it has been sounding in the scant press releases ! I reserve judgement and I yield back the remainder of my time !

Comment

Jerry - you might want to check out ClinicalTrials.gov https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/home for ongoing, past or future ones. (this site lists all trials for many various diseases).

The Ticsh Center stem cell trial is here https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...em+cell&rank=1 and as you can see there is no mention of future recruitments at this time.

However, there are other stem cell trials https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...&Search=Search and some are recruiting.

Anyway, maybe you've already looked at this site, but others may be interested as well.
                            Take care now!
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                            X