Recently diagnosed Pharmacy Technician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently diagnosed Pharmacy Technician

Recently diagnosed 35 year old female. I was just was approved to practice Pharmacy "Technician-ry" in the state of Texas. I have not worked for 2 years because my Husband (who is getting things ready to divorce me) did not allow me to work. I will be cut off financially and will lose my health insurance soon. Since I am new with symptoms I am not used to having, does anyone know or think a career in this profession is still "do-able?" How does one go about seeking employment and will a employer even hire me? Will they make accommodations? Surely one should disclose so an employer will work with you, right? Will my new insurance cover me once I am employed with such an expensive pre-existing condition? NEED HELP AND ANSWERS FAST!

Desperate and frightened,
    L

Do you even need accommodations?

Everyone is different and since it sounds like you are fairly new to all this you might want to consult a lawyer.

Since I haven't needed accommodations yet I don't ever discuss MS with my actual supervisors.
    I have only disclosed to the employee health department when I received my mandatory pre-employment physical after I received my written offer of employment. This was done so I could get my health insurance from them and there is no pre-existing condition clauses that I know of with group health insurance through an employer. There have been a couple who didn't require a physical or where I don't get health insurance and I did not disclose to them.

This is a common question here so check out other threads also. Good luck to you.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Thank you for your advice

I do get some fatigue can't walk without kind of dragging my foot (it could be one or the other depending on which one decides to get tired).
      I was also wondering about time off during a flare up.

I don't think I can afford a lawyer but since you said this is a common question I will read other threads.

Thank you so much for your response!

Comment

Working...
      X