Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funeral music in a doctors' office or hospital? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral music in a doctors' office or hospital? Really?

Twice now, in two separate medical facilities, I've heard Mozart's Requiem playing.

While it may very well be the most beautiful piece of music ever written, is it really appropriate in a place that is frequented by seriously ill people? Funeral music?!

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" might be bit better received.
    Holly

Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner.
    - The Replacements

Sounds like someone likes Mozart! Interestingly and ironically, this is the piece he was working on when he passed away.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I don't know which would be worse, funeral music or "Don't worry be happy".

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
        I don't know which would be worse, funeral music or "Don't worry be happy".

One Christmas Eve when my parents were visiting, Bobby McFerrin sat behind us at church. I thought my mom was going to have apoplexy when she recognized his voice during the first hymn. He sure can sing, but "Don't Worry . . ." annoys the crap out of ne.
        Holly

- The Replacements

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Sounds like someone likes Mozart! Interestingly and ironically, this is the piece he was working on when he passed away.
          Apparently there is also controversy over who finished it.

I love me some Mozart. That is one of my favorite songs, right behind Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit."
          Holly

- The Replacements

Comment

Originally posted by Holly Golightly View Post
            annoys the crap out of ne.
            I meant "me."
            Holly

- The Replacements

Comment

Did you recognize

which movement of the Requiem Mass that it was? Some movements are a bit light hearted. If you thought it was depressing, it was probably the Dies Irae or Lacrymosa.

Frankly some of his piano concertos would be a lot more appropriate especially the Elvira Madigan 😎 or an light classical fare.

Originally posted by Holly Golightly View Post
              Twice now, in two separate medical facilities, I've heard Mozart's Requiem playing.

While it may very well be the most beautiful piece of music ever written, is it really appropriate in a place that is frequented by seriously ill people? Funeral music?!

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" might be bit better received.
              ---------------
              "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
              X