Healing vs flare reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healing vs flare reduction

All right, probably being selfish, because my happy-clappy days are over.
    At this point, I would much prefer a tad more research time, effort and money was put into myelin healing, rather than flare reduction.
    I'd take a flare over quiet but permanent progression any day.
    I truly think flares are the one percent of the iceberg visible above the surface.

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
    All right, probably being selfish, because my happy-clappy days are over.
    At this point, I would much prefer a tad more research time, effort and money was put into myelin healing, rather than flare reduction.
    I'd take a flare over quiet but permanent progression any day.
    I truly think flares are the one percent of the iceberg visible above the surface.
    As you know, I have given up on a cure. But if someone could come up with a drug to remylinate, like maybe Anti-Lingo...it would be better for all of us.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Unfortunately, there's only so much money to go around. So research is guided more by the scientific versions of the old adages:
      An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
      A stitch in time saves nine.

And maybe this one:
      It's easier to prevent someone from getting hit by a speeding train than to try to patch them up afterward.

And you're right: progression isn't caused only by flares.

Surely there are more than two neurologists in Australia. Why can't you just change neurologists and change your treatment plan?

Comment

I agree with all of you! My happy-clappy days are over, and while flares can still be an issue, I would REALLY like to see more research on repairing what has been damaged. And I don't give a hoot who or how it is accomplished. I volunteer to be patient #1, test whatever on me! If it heals me fine! If it kills me, that's fine too. At least something more will be known.
        Echo
        DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Working...
        X