New to MS world.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MS world.org

Hello, 53 yo/female with PPMS. After 6 mos of short term disability - I am no longer able to work. This is discouraging to say the least. Am thankful for a supportive husband and that children are raised. Thankful for your encouraging words.
    Mary

Hi Mary and welcome!

Sad that you are unable to work anymore. I'm in the same boat. It was a hard decision, but in hindsight, it was best. No more struggle to keep up with the work load and time to devout to other things I can still enjoy. I am hoping the same for you too!

It's wonderful that you have a strong support system with your husband. I feel the same

Please make yourself comfortable navigating our message boards and in our chat room.
    Hope to see more of your posts
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Also 53, with a usually supportive husband and children raised.

Have had RRMS since 2002. Went on LTD and SSDI in 2008, after losing 3 jobs in 6 years, related to MS. That was also discouraging to me, at first.

Over time, I have looked for, and discovered, the silver linings behind losing a career -- time to take naps and care for myself, the freedom to volunteer when and where I choose, lots of down time to spend how I like.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your response and encouraging words.
        It helps to know of someone with a similar MS history.
        Thanks again.
        Mary

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD MARY! Just because one is not able to work any longer does not mean that they are not a valuable part of the community. Yay for your family! It is so very valuable to have a strong support team on your side, and I'm very glad that you have it. Take a look at round and I am sure that you will find some different things that you like. Also remember to check out our chat schedule, you can find it by clicking on this link.http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
          good luck to you!
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X