Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/8/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/8/15

Hi Everyone. I saw the movie Boyhood the other night. It was an ongoing story of a young boy that followed him from age 6 to age 18. The major actors, boy, sister, mother and father were seen each year as he grew and developed. It was an amazing concept. What struck me was that the actors did not appear to gain an ounce in weight over the years except for the two children who grew and whose weight remained normal. It is amazing what people can do when sufficiently motivated. We each need to find our own personal motivation. Unfortunately good health seems too abstract for people who are in relatively good health. The future can seem so far away. We can always do it tomorrow. Good health is the most important reason I can think of for remaining at a normal weight. Lugging around those extra pounds also seems like a good reason to lose but as long as people are managing the benefit seems less important. We all need to search our minds and hearts to conclude that weight control is truly worthwhile.

I’m pleased to say I lost half a pound which was my goal for the week. I thus weigh 116.5 and will try to lose half a pound again this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well for you.

Mamabug, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Hsmaldo, that is very good that you showed a loss. Happy belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful time on that most important day. I’m sorry you haven’t been having a good night’s rest. That can certainly interfere with the next day’s activities. I hope you got through the hurricane unscathed. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, it was great to hear from you last week. I do hope all is well.

Portia, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Msgijo, good for you for losing despite your many problems. Tooth maladies are certainly no fun. I hope it is resolved soon. Also sorry about your eye problems. I hope the cause can be found and it can be cured. Very best wishes.

Abidingjones, I pray all is well and that you were able to come to a satisfactory resolution regarding your son’s condition that has required changing doctors which can be absolutely traumatic. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Identify the emotional triggers that lead you to seek unhealthy comfort food.” Triggers can include, I feel anxious, I feel sad, I feel angry, I feel happy. Triggers are different for different people. It is important to search your soul and determine what mood states can lead to overindulging. The next step is to own the unhealthy impulse to eat and think of a healthier way to gain solace. You can do it!

Weight loss Results for 10-1-15:

Total Loss:

1.6 pounds by th0 members. Good going. You are our inspirations for the week. Let’s hope we will now see more losses for the coming week.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. I hope other people are not avoiding the truth. When people report gains it is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. Also, reporting gains serves as a warning to others.

Stayed the same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3752.0 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 250 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

Gained 0.8 lbs

Sorry I didn't post last week. I realized I'd missed it, and was planning to post a comment on last week's thread, so you knew I hadn't forgotten you, but I didn't get around to it. I haven't been terribly motivated, the past two weeks, to stick to diet. I know I really should be documenting calories more frequently; that seems to keep me on track better.

9/24: 131.6 lbs
    10/8: 132.4 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

lost 1.5

10/8-157.5
      0/24-159

This week has been better. I did find my son an adult neurologist with the help of a friend from the epilepsy foundation. They had a six month waiting list to get in to see him. She was able to pull some strings and we saw him the very next day! I was pleased with my son's first visit and I think he will be a good fit for him.

I was able to walk a little this week, so I'm happy to say I did lose a tiny bit of what I gained. I still have a long way to go, but something is better than nothing.
      Be Blessed
      DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Up 1.9 lbs from 213.1 to 215. It was my birthday "week." There was cake.

I am also retaining water due to hormones, so I don't think it's completely accurate.

On the exercise side of things, I have been getting in more walks this week than last. Unfortunately, it's also stimulating my appetite!

But I'm not giving up and hope to report a loss next week!

Comment

10/2 135.4
          10/9 134.0

loss of 1.4 lbs.

hsmaldo, Happy late birthday ! My birthday is in 2 weeks .

abidingjones, They always told me that loosing slowly helped to keep the weight off .

Mamabug, I really relate to you - My weight just seems to do what it wants to (post menopausal), and it is SUCH an effort to loose weight now . I am almost ready to say that this is good enough at times (and have in the past).

ShrinkKaren it is good to see that you have found the downward path again . And your tip for the week is right on time - the fall always brings on depressive symptoms for me (less sun? ending of another year? birthday - aging?).

Best of luck to all this week!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Mamabug, I really relate to you - My weight just seems to do what it wants to (post menopausal), and it is SUCH an effort to loose weight now . I am almost ready to say that this is good enough at times (and have in the past).

Nice to see you going in the right direction. Since April, I've fluctuated from 136.4 down to 128.8. I'm higher than that, now, so, I'm not always going down.

Yeah; sometimes, I'm also ready to say this is good enough. It's just that, if I knew I could say that and maintain this, maybe it would be. What scares me, though, is that if I need to go on steroids again, I'll go up again. And, after awhile, the seven-pound gains that I seem to accrue every time I'm on steroids, pile up.

That's how I became obese before I lost 60 pounds in 2010 - 2011. A little bit at a time. So, when I gain a little bit at a time, I think I need to continue to take it off, a little bit at a time.
            Last edited by Mamabug; 10-09-2015, 01:14 PM. Reason: Corrected an error
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X