Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning curve with about Lemtrada

Hello everyone,
    I had an appointment with my neurologist today and he mentioned Lemtrada to me and it has really got me thinking and trying to figure out what to do. A little background about myself.

I was dx'd in 2005 with very extreme symptoms to the point that I was in a rehab hospital for two months. During this time in the rehab, just about every medication that was available was tried and they did not work for me. It was only after Tysabri was introduced into the scene that things got better. I have now been on Tysabri for 2006 with now relapses at all in the time preceding me starting the treatment. Some would ask: Why would you want to change if Tysabri is working so well? My answer would have to be, I am just wondering if there is something better and more long term that could make like just a little easier.

Trying to make life a little easier is mostly because of the fact that I have a very active life seeing that I am only 33 and am trying to make the most of a second chance at life. I know that an infusion every four weeks is nothing to sneeze at but; trying to juggle work, school, family, and having time to squeeze the three to four hours in for the infusion sometimes turns out to be harder then it sounds. After a very long intro to my question I will get to it finally.

Looking at the side effects that are possible along with the time that is going to be needed for the first right infusions; has it been beneficial for anyone on the boards that have decided to leave their treatments that were keeping them stable to try this new method of treatment call Lemtrada?

Thank you in advance for any advice on these questions that I have posted here
    -Dave-
    "When you listen to somebody else, whether you like it or not, what they say becomes part of you"-- David Bohm

I personally chose to stop Tysabri and start Lemtrada due to my neuro's recommendation, insurance cost, and monthly inconvenience since I do not drive. I started in July and I'm no better nor worse and have not experienced any side effects.

It's only been approved in the U.S. for just under a year and since it takes awhile for results to be seen it's still early for me (and most in the U.S. but you can read their results for yourself.) There are some who took their treatment outside the US. since it's been approved there for much longer.

A bunch of us are posting our "adventures" as we go under this topic so you can review the threads.

Best wishes to you on whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
      I personally chose to stop Tysabri and start Lemtrada due to my neuro's recommendation, insurance cost, and monthly inconvenience since I do not drive. I started in July and I'm no better nor worse and have not experienced any side effects.

It's only been approved in the U.S. for just under a year and since it takes awhile for results to be seen it's still early for me (and most in the U.S. but you can read their results for yourself.) There are some who took their treatment outside the US. since it's been approved there for much longer.

A bunch of us are posting our "adventures" as we go under this topic so you can review the threads.

Best wishes to you on whatever you decide.

Thank you for the input and your story.
      -Dave-
      "When you listen to somebody else, whether you like it or not, what they say becomes part of you"-- David Bohm

Comment

Working...
      X