commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commercial

Just saw an MS medication commercial! Yikes!

I saw that earlier too but my husband was talking so I missed most of it.

Comment

I saw a TV commercial for Tecfidera on CBS at the end of NCIS New Orleans. Is this the commercial that you are talking about ? Wow !! What a thrill ! It's about time !!

Comment

I saw it too.

Comment

Saw the Tec commercial last night and one this am. I think two different commercials. It is great that it brings MS to the public and also mentions PML risk and other side effects, so let's people know the decisions and risk assessment we have to make.

Of course, waiting for family and friends to ask if I should switch, as it shows someone hiking, diving, socializing...someone who looks perfectly healthy. I know it is for marketing, but here we go. Meanwhile on Ty, which has better efficacy rate, but I am not hiking, diving.

But I am glad it is a commercial in the public domain. Anything that gets people to notice MS and ask more questions is good for the cause. And I do hope that if anyone is RRMS and starts Tec, they live the life the actress is!
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Fumeric acid

Tecfidera is derived from fumeric acid which started as a food additive. Apparently, it is not a rare chemical. However, wholesale cost for two capsules daily is only $55,000 annually.

Comment

I agree that it is good publicity for MS.

GinnyRuth, my husband is always talking so I'm surprised that I heard the commercial.

It sounds like it was on at least two different channels because I saw it on ABC. There was a lot of activity going on in the commercial. That certainly would not be me diving or going out at night to a carnival.

I see my family at the end of the month so we will see if they mention it. My friend saw it and was concerned about the side effects of the medication.

Really, for me, anything that raises the awareness of MS is good.

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS
                Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

So glad the commercial is getting national exposure. Anything to help bring attention to the cause.
                  Dx'ed 3/12
                  Avonex 4/12, Tec 11/14-12/14, Ty 3/15

Comment

I saw this Commercial last night.

What it did not show the uninformed is her wall surfing, using a cane or rollater. It did not show her struggles making meals or trying to shower. It did not show her self-cathing or buying Depends at Target. Nor did it show her need for relying on public transportation because ON has taken over. Or the struggle to get on Medicaid or SSDI. It did not show how a typical flare is for an MSer.

If I did not have MS, the commercial would have made me say, MS is not really that bad. Hey...maybe MS isnt that bad after all.
                    Katie
                    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                    "My MS is a Journey for One."
                    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

KatW

Thanks for the laugh this AM (husband always talking)

Originally posted by KatW View Post
                      I agree that it is good publicity for MS.

GinnyRuth, my husband is always talking so I'm surprised that I heard the commercial.

It sounds like it was on at least two different channels because I saw it on ABC. There was a lot of activity going on in the commercial. That certainly would not be me diving or going out at night to a carnival.

I see my family at the end of the month so we will see if they mention it. My friend saw it and was concerned about the side effects of the medication.

Really, for me, anything that raises the awareness of MS is good.

Comment

Wish I would have seen it

I don't watch much regular TV; I'm more of a Netflix addict.

I wonder if the commercial is on Youtube?
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          I don't watch much regular TV; I'm more of a Netflix addict.

I wonder if the commercial is on Youtube?
                          Here is the link to the Commercial: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AYGn/tecfider...iple-sclerosis
                          Katie
                          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                          "My MS is a Journey for One."
                          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks, Katie, for the link.

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post

What it did not show the uninformed is her wall surfing, using a cane or rollater. It did not show her struggles making meals or trying to shower. It did not show her self-cathing or buying Depends at Target. Nor did it show her need for relying on public transportation because ON has taken over. Or the struggle to get on Medicaid or SSDI. It did not show how a typical flare is for an MSer.

If I did not have MS, the commercial would have made me say, MS is not really that bad. Hey...maybe MS isnt that bad after all.
                            And, yeah; you're right -- the commercial doesn't show how bad MS can be. But, for some of us, it isn't as bad, at least not yet or not always, as you describe.

I'm on SSDI, and I two naps per day, and there are lots of things I can't do anymore, that I used to be able to do. But, I don't deal with all of the issues you mentioned. We are so variable, as a group. And, even from day to day, or month to month, our own lives vary. It would be hard to depict all of those variations.
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post

My thoughts exactly!!!!!
                              DIAGNOSED=2012
                              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
                              X