Cervical Dystonia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cervical Dystonia?

Has anyone been dx'd with this? Its my new monster.. or relabeled from spasticity?... idk.. i know the pain from before... now after several surgeries .. its reaping its head again. Neuro in Malibu says botox.. idk.. if it works.. great.. the pain is just maddening..
    I just can't deal with another surgery.. no more pain pills.. can I just get a break?
    Omi
    aka Omzone

Hi Omzone,

My daughter was born with Cervical Dystonia also known as Spasmodic Torticollis(ST). My daughter does not have MS. As an infant she had Physical Therapy and did not have any more problems with ST until she was a Sophomore in High School.

She has found stress, cold or laying wrong will trigger it. What has helped her is heat to the neck/shoulder, massage therapy, I have used a tennis ball, gently, on her neck and shoulder area and she does it herself, muscle relaxer (she doesn't like going this route if possible). She is 23 and will always have ST as will anyone diagnosed with it.

You might find this link helpful:
    http://cervical-dystonia.org/INT/328/
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

No I don't , I do have myoclonus with facial spasm and other spasms that are painful. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Still waiting on the approval for botox. No change in status.

Comment

Working...
        X