what if you miss a dose...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if you miss a dose...?

Hi this is just a general question about people's experiences missing Gilenya doses.

The Gilenya Consumer Medicine Information says:

"If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose when you are meant to"

But what happens if you remember exactly half way between two doses? E.g. if you usually take Gilenya at 6 AM and you remember you missed a dose at 6 PM?

In the past I have missed a dose, remembered at the half way point and taken the next dose at this half way point. However, I had a terrible flare following on from doing this.

This got me thinking, are Gilenya doses supposed to be administered with a particular rhythm that has to be maintained? and if you miss a dose, is it simply better to wait for the usual time in the day you take Gilenya (however long that may be) in order to avoid disturbing this rhythm?

Might be best if you get the answer straight from the drug company.

If I have questions about the experiences others have with Copaxone, MSWorld is a great place to come. When I have more important questions about my Copaxone, I call their drug company, Shared Solutions. I see that Gilenya has a help number: 1-800-GILENYA. Seems like this question might fall into the "more important" category.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

It has a rather long half life- about 6 days and you can technically go two weeks without before needing to be monitored again in a hospital as if it were the first dose. I would not worry about missing one day considering the half life.

Comment

Working...
      X