Surgical Complications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgical Complications

I have developed an ileus from the surgery...intestine turned. So I am am still in the hospital. Might have to have surgery again. Apparently ileus is common among MSers...I actually have had one before.

It sucks. Its painful. Morphine is not strong enough.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Your luck will change! Buy a lottery ticket; you'd nearly have to win.

Comment

OH KATIE, my heart is weeping for you!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Oh Katie~~ I'm sorry about this setback, but you are a fighter and you'll get through this one too! HUGS to you!!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am going to buy a lottery ticket...as soon as I get out of here! And if I win I am going to share it with y'all.

I think the thing that keeps me going is that my Gallbladder is out...and that was the most important issue. This ileus....although it really really sucks will most likely (knock on wood) resolve with meds just like my first one and I will forget about it. Hopefully.

The weather here in Florida is really beautiful right now...and i am missing it.
          Katie

Comment

Happy for you

Strange as that sounds! I hope you get lots of jello. Just in case you don't hit the lottery you can enjoy your constellation prize.

Sorry you are having twistyguts now, but at least you're in a place where you can get it taken care of!
            You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

So glad your surgery is over but sorry about the set back. I hope you recover fast.

God Bless You Katie
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks Everyone

Recovery, still is not going very well...but I think I am just being impatient. I am still in the hospital.

I just want the clock to fast forward to New Years Eve 2016 and put this year and everything behind it. And I mean everything.

As I told Marco...MS is a full time job for some of us. Nothing we can to about it except try to hold on to our pride, keep our head high and take the punches as they come. And with any luck someone will be there to pick you up when you...if you...fall.
                Katie

Comment

I can totally sympathize. I had a small bowel resection 7 years ago and have never been the same. No one mentioned the MS problem to me at the time. Guess the surgeon wasn't aware of the possibility of complications.

I was in the hospital for 12 days and then home for another 6 weeks. I hope you perk up soon. Not to be a downer, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of total recovery. Maybe you will be different.
                  Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Oh, gosh, Katie. You poor thing, that sounds painful! Ileus - another medical term you didn't need to add to your vocabulary!

Glad the gallbladder is out, but sorry you have this complication. I hope it resolves soon, without another surgery.

Hugs,
                    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
                    X