Relapse or something else??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse or something else??

If you're feeling totally bad and end up in the E/R what kinds of tests will they run to determine if you are having a MS relapse? Can they really narrow it down to MS? I sometimes think they just label it "relapse" and quit looking for anything else.

I have several problems which all share some of the same symptoms. So a flare up of any of these symptoms CAN be MS related, but not necessarily. I've never gone to the E/R for MS type symptoms, but I've come out of there with a report that "it's all MS". "So sorry, nothing we can do".
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

what is it?

I always try to assume it's something else til everything else checks out. MS causes so many other problems. I'm really not sure the docs even know.
    As yourself I also have many other health issues after awhile they just point at each other.
    On steroids now after suffering for three weeks hoping to get better.
    Everytime I think I got this it smacks me upside my head and says I don't think so.
    Good luck too you, you definitely have a lot on your plate.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
      I always try to assume it's something else til everything else checks out. MS causes so many other problems. I'm really not sure the docs even know.
      As yourself I also have many other health issues after awhile they just point at each other.
      On steroids now after suffering for three weeks hoping to get better.
      Everytime I think I got this it smacks me upside my head and says I don't think so.
      Good luck too you, you definitely have a lot on your plate.

Thanks mercadies.. I'd still like to know if the E/R doctors actually look for all the "something elses" before they label the problem "MS". Have you gone thru a lot of tests in the hospital? It's so frustrating to have all these other illnesses that muddy the works. It's such a guessing game. Hope your therapy works for you.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
      X