Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Experiences with alternative therapists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Experiences with alternative therapists?

Has anyone had any good experiences with alternative therapies i.e., massage, reflexology, feldenkrais, reiki, rolfing?

Yes, I have tried all except reflexology at various stages of my MS journey. Feldenkrais helped me when I first had difficulty with my walking/gait. It was too expensive for me to continue as my ins. wouldn't pay. I used to have reiki along with acupuncture when I used to have flares. (I'm SP w/out flares now). Now I get acupuncture treatments from time to time for any acute pain I may be experiencing. I even tried rolfing, but again, it was too expensive.

Massage is wonderful along with acupuncture. Both of these have helped with pain and spasticity. I also do adaptive yoga which has helped me the most with spasticity, balance and core strengthening, along with my sense of well-being.

Are you thinking of trying something out? I read in you other post that you're looking for alternative ways to help spasticity. Join a beginning yoga class or go swimming!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi earth2mac,

You posted this same question earlier Here is the link to your first thread:
      http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...es-for-walking
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X