IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING

I went to my VA PCP last week for a bout of bronchitis I have been fighting for sometime. She ordered a chest X-ray and gave me some antibiotics.

Since then I have been feeling much better. We communicate strictly by E-mail which is quite ok with me. This morning I checked my VA E-mails and she sent me the Radiologist report of my chest X-ray. Everything was great until I got to the line that said there is a spot on the mid to upper portion of the right lung. Suggest a follow up with a CT Scan.

Before I can have the CT Scan I have to have blood work to check my kidney function. I will do that Monday and wait for my orders for the CT Scan.

It may turn out to be nothing but it's just the idea that it could be that's weighing on my mind.

And I just started AUBAGIO in hopes of slowing the progression of my MS and then I get hit with this. So it's always something.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

It is stressful. It seems like everytime I get an MRI or Xray, there is something else listed. I now remind myself that most people have this stuff, but since they don't get all the pics, they never know. So until they tell me it is a problem, I try to not think about it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I hope it turns out to be nothing and that you don't have to wait long to find out. Definitely know you have been thru a lot, so you don't need any extra stress. Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm sorry you are having another worry. I hope the drs can give you an answer soon and everything is okay.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Yes...it is always something.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes, it always seems like something and you certainly have had an over full plate. I hope you do well on Aubagio. I'm thinking of that one. Keep posting with updates.

My best to you......
          Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Sorry to hear of another worry, Waydown. I hope it's nothing and you can go forward without worries. Sending prayers your way!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes, unfortunately it does not ever end.
              I think it's so much harder for us because everything we do-even taking a shower-takes so much effort.
              Best of luck to you!
              DIAGNOSED=2012
              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Well the spot that showed up in the upper right area of my lung turned out to be nothing. But to get those results I ended up spending 3 days in the hospital having a difficult time breathing. I had to wake my wife up about 4:00 in the morning to take me to the ER.

A long story short I now take 3 different types of breathing treatments a day all at different intervals apart and different times of the day. It's a nightmare keeping up with the schedule but at least I'm breathing much much better.

However, I have had to stop the AUBAGIO after only a week because of the drop in WBC. I am on another DMT which I posted about earlier today.
                Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
                Babe Ruth

Comment

I am glad gotten an answer, you then if it is not what you wanted, it could have been much worse. I am glad also that you are breathing much better.
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                  X