seeking advice alternative therapies for walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeking advice alternative therapies for walking

Anyone have any good experiences with alternative therapies i.e., massage, reflexology, feldenkrais, reiki, rolfing?

If so, please share which ones are effective for spasticity and walkingtive therapies i.e., massage, reflexology, feldenkrais, reiki, rolfing? Oils for spasticity?

Yoga is what I do

I do Yoga (which is also done with lots of props). It may not seem to do much at first glance but it does help me with my core and balance.

Comment

Hi earth2mac,

The only thing that has allowed me to continue to walk, in my opinion, is exercise. I will go for walks, I use an elliptical and a 4-station weight machine. When needed (such as now) I work with a Physical Therapist. Stretching and balance exercises can help with spasticity and core strength.

Sometimes even with alternative methods prescription medications are sometimes needed. I went into PT because my left leg had become a problem. PT, by it's self was not enough and I went on Baclofen. With the combination of Baclofen and PT I am now seeing improvement in my pain level, core strength and balance.

Take care!
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Acupuncture has worked the best for my spasticity. Exercise and walking keep it at bay?

Comment

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
          Exercise and walking keep it at bay?
          Exercise: yoga, gentle stretching, working with weights, walking, swimming, therabands, Physical Therapy, ect. Have been found to be helpful for spasticity, fatigue and pain.

Each person has different abilities (disabilities) and those need to be considered when undertaking any form of exercise. Talk to your Dr. for the best option for you.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X