No announcement yet.

I'm goona be a grandma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going to love it!! I just recently became a grandma to our daughter's little girl Sofia who will be two months on October 11th.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!

The best news ever! There's nothing like a grandchild to make you smile!
      All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

never too early

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        You bet. Weekly bedtime stories are in my plan, at least when baby is old enough to appreciate.
        hi mamab!
        it's never too early to read books to them. even before they're born!
        besides research, they can hear your voice and respond to you when they're born.

my DH talked to our 1st when i was pregnant. when she was born and wouldn't quit crying he walked up behind the dr. and said 'how ya doing?' she immediately stopped crying!!!
        it's amazing what they're learning even before birth!!

mind you i'm a retired preschool teacher and grandma for 3 yrs!!! (BTW we brought her back with us from visiiting!) it's over 12 hr drive !!!
        i really oughta get to sleep. she'll be up early and hungry! just can't wind down from being on road all day!

i pray that mom and baby are doing well. it's such an exciting time!

take care & God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
          hi mamab!
          it's never too early to read books to them. even before they're born!
          besides research, they can hear your voice and respond to you when they're born.

my DH talked to our 1st when i was pregnant. when she was born and wouldn't quit crying he walked up behind the dr. and said 'how ya doing?' she immediately stopped crying!!!
          it's amazing what they're learning even before birth!!

mind you i'm a retired preschool teacher and grandma for 3 yrs!!! (BTW we brought her back with us from visiiting!) it's over 12 hr drive !!!
          i really oughta get to sleep. she'll be up early and hungry! just can't wind down from being on road all day!

i pray that mom and baby are doing well. it's such an exciting time!

I've been in early childhood for decades too. But, I'm not going to read books, prior to birth, over Skype. Don't think my daughter would go for it, even if I wanted to, and that's just too weird, from 900 miles away.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

remember, when the grandbabies are old enough you need to shake up cans of pop and tell them that they taste much better in the car!
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
              remember, when the grandbabies are old enough you need to shake up cans of pop and tell them that they taste much better in the car!
              oh buddy, you're sooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!

with my luck though, she'd get in our car instead of parents! we both drive black Xterras!

watch out! your day's coming sometime!

"All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                lol -- You ARE bad!
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                X