MS One to One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS One to One

Has anyone used this telephone service yet? It's Called MS One to One. Just wondering how this works.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I called them today to let them know I started my Aubaio on Monday and the nurse called me back this afternoon. She made sure my next shipment was scheduled and asked if I had any questions and how I was tolerating the medication.

She has always been very polite when she has called me and has always answered any questions I may have had at the time. This morning was the only time I have called them but so far I have been pleased with their customer care and service.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

I've used this service a lot for Aubagio and now Lemtrada. They help coordinate getting started as well as insurance. They can answer any questions or will find the answer.

They also call periodically to check-up on how it's going.

Never have had any issues with them.

Comment

So is this service just for people who are taking meds? I guess I had the impression you could call them with any MS questions and get some answers or suggestions on the spot.

I took Copaxone for years and was recently moved to Secondary Progressive and taken off the shots. The neuro did not recommend anything else. Just symptom meds. And truthfully, I don't want to start any more medications. I react strongly to most new stuff.

Anyway, am I mistaken about this phone service?
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Marti - I'm not certain that this is designed for those on meds or not, but the NMSS has a program called Peers One-on-One where you can connect with others (volunteers) who have gone through much training to help others. Maybe this is what you are talking about?

Here's a link - http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Res...ers-One-on-One

Read through it - You can go to the list of volunteers and pick one and either phone or email them with your particular concerns.

Hope this helps
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
            So is this service just for people who are taking meds? ... Anyway, am I mistaken about this phone service?
            Yes, marti, you are mistaken about MS One to One. It's not a general phone service for answering MS questions, and it's more restrictive than for people who are taking general MS meds.

MS One to One is Genzyme's support program only for people taking its meds Aubagio and Lemtrada. Just like Shared Solutions is Copaxone's support program. So people not on those meds can't just call them and ask questions.

Seasha's suggestion about a NMSS program might be more what you were thinking of, but it's not called Peers One-On-One. ("Connect With Peers One-On-One" is just the headline for the website page. The program is called Peers Connection.

Originally posted by marti View Post
            I guess I had the impression you could call them with any MS questions and get some answers or suggestions on the spot.
            The NMSS Peers Connection isn't that kind of phone system, either. It's a peer support program. The NMSS describes it as a way for people with MS to "connect with a peer support volunteer who has “been there” and can provide you with helpful tips, suggestions and emotional support for the challenges that MS throws at you."

Peer support doesn't mean that the person you connect with knows any more about MS technically than you do. And you'll notice that the NMSS for this and for all of its community programs stays away from saying anything about providing technical information. That's what the website is for.

For technical information, you might do better just researching on the NMSS website, or any other authority site. But if you want helpful tips, suggestions and emotional support, the Peers Connection program might be good for you.

Comment

Working...
            X