Fire Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Tragedy

Many of you may have seen all of the fires that are burning out here in California. Unfortunately, these fires have resulted in the loss of several lives. One recent news report said that one of the casualties was a disabled woman who was unable to evacuate. When I heard this report it was heart breaking and the first thought I had was that it's possible this could be someone with MS. I hoped I was wrong, but unfortunately, this was the case.

A 72 year old retired school teacher with advanced MS, who was unable to walk without any assistance, according to her caretaker, lost her life in the fire. The caretaker tried to get the authorities out to her remote home to rescue her but by the time they arrived, her house was already fully engulfed.

Such a tragedy, I can't help but think about this poor lady every evening when I hear the news reports about the fires. Unfortunately she is not the only casualty, the authorities are searching burned out homes now with dogs and have located the remains of several more poor souls.

I hope they can get these fires extinguished before anyone else has to lose their life!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of these folks that are affected by the fires. I guess this hits home for me after losing my house to an electrical fire 2 years ago. The fire started in the attic above our bed and if the fire would have been at night instead of the middle of the day, I might not be alive today.

Adding my prayers to yours. I pray for all that are affected by these terrible fires.

Comment

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
      Adding my prayers to yours. I pray for all that are affected by these terrible fires.
      And mine too. That poor woman, that's pretty hard to think about but her trials and pain are over. She most surely died of smoke inhalation before the fire engulfed her. Small consolation but anything is better than burning in my mind.

My heart aches for all the suffering inflicted by these fires, I pray California gets a deluge to put them out and end the drought so more lives aren't lost.
      ---------------
      "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

I heard this story on the news too. Every time I hear about something like this or hear that some celebrity has been diagnosed or meet someone new who has MS I get weepy.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X