New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job

SO, A LITTLE BACKGROUND... I WAS FIRED (NOT RELATED TO MS AT ALL) FROM A JOB WHERE EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT MY MS AND COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER ABOUT IT. WORK FROM HOME WHENEVER I NEEDED IT, TIME OFF FOR DR APPOINTMENTS... LUCKILY, I GOT A NEW JOB WITH BETTER PAY! MY DIAGNOSIS CAME WHILE I WAS WORKING FOR THAT COMPANY, SO I HAVE NEVER STARTED A NEW JOB WITH MS. IS THERE ANY ADVISE ANY ONE CAN OFFER ME?

MY MAIN CONCERNS ARE:

HOW/WHEN/IF TO TELL PEOPLE

HOW TO TAKE MY MEDS WITHOUT PEOPLE NOTICING

I HAVE SPASTICITY AND I AM CONCERNED THAT I WILL TWITCH OR LOSE CONTROL OF MY HAND. I HAVE BACLOFEN, BUT IT MAKES ME TIRED WHICH MAKES ME TAKE RITALIN, WHICH MAKES ME GRUMPY...

ANY OTHER ADVICE ANYONE CAN OFFER

I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS LONG POST AND ANY ADVISE I GET.

I actually started 2 different jobs knowing I had MS. I never told anyone until it became absolutely necessary. I was fortunate that both companies treated me very well and I never had any issues because of it. I know that is not the case for everyone.

As far as taking meds, can you do that while on break or lunchtime? If you are not comfortable doing it - I don't know if you are talking pills or shots - at your desk, maybe in the bathroom or some other place that is somewhat secluded.

At my last job I did a round with Rebif and got horrid headaches from it. I was popping Ibuprofen at my desk like M & M's! Nobody ever said a word, I don't think that they even noticed.

I didn't have any issues with spasticity so can't help you there.

I do wish you the best with your new job! I'm sure that you will find a way to work through all of this. Do what you can when you are comfortable doing it as far as MS info goes............

Comment

Working...
    X