Hearing loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing loss

I don't really remember a discussion of hearing loss and Ms so I have a problem. I was with a large group of folks. Everything was normal. I do use a hearing aid but I can hear with it. All of a sudden everything went totally quiet and I was not hearing anything although their were conversations going on all around me.

This lasted about two hours. Then I could hear again. This happened yesterday. I don't know if I should be concerned about it or just ignore it I did some research on hearing and MS and My research said it was rare but did happen. Has anyone else had this kind of experence. I have never had a problem that lasted such a short period.

Siol

Interesting that the hearing loss was only for a short period. Is it possible you became a little warmer at the time and this precipitated an Uhthoff's type phenomenon?

I temporarily lost the hearing in one ear in 2012 but it lasted for about three weeks and I also gained (permanent) tinnitus in that ear. I also had stabbing pain in the ear which I now know to be related to the trigeminal nerve. This, and a decrease in hearing, flare up when I get a little too warm.

Comment

Working...
    X