Tysabri questions regrding side effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri questions regrding side effect

I am currently not taking a d.m.d. and I am thinking I really should consider starting one again. I have already used Avonex (many, many years), and all of the oral meds. but unfortunately the side effects of all were very undesirable. I am thinking of asking doctor about Tysabri and if anyone who is currently or has previously used it would tell me about any side affects the are or have experienced.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

Hi howies mom,

I've had 35 infusions thus far, and have only had some issues with a low RBC count, corrected with the addition of daily.iron supplementation, which I take at the same time as vitamin C. The vitamin C binds to the iron in the intestine, which then makes tbe iron easier to absorb.

A couple times have had a nose bleed (never had one in my life until on this med) with no apparent cause. Most likely, Ty was the cause of them.

Had a few major problems with other dmt's, but nothing else with this one (knock on wood). So far, it's been an easy drug to take.

Best of luck and keep us posted
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks Kimba.

Comment

There is a separate thread for Tysabri that you may find helpful. It is in the top section of the medications thread.

As for me, as long as I stay hydrated and eat healthy before and for a few days after, no side effects. I am on #36 as well. If no hydrated I get a headache, and if I eat fatty or sugary food few days after, I get nauseos. That just started about #30.

I am sleepy after the day of infusion and the following day.

I was progressing more after using Avonex and Rebif, so went to Ty. It has helped.

Let us know how it goes and what you decide. Good luck.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Update: still waiting for tests and Dr. approval, so no news yet.

Comment

I think I've had about 112 infusions. I have gone every 6 weeks for awhile and have been going every 8 weeks for approx 1 year, that's why I don't know how many infusions. I have had a mild headache about 3-4 times.

I am a Tysabri cheerleader
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X