Does anyone's ON come and go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone's ON come and go??

Simple question... Does your ON seem to flare up then subside on a weekly basis? I feel like my vision is good one day, then blurry the next. Then it goes back to normal! It is so strange.

ON was one of my first symptoms, and it's been gone for a while (5 months), but I recently had a relapse and it came back. Not as bad, but still there. Now it does this back and forth thing:/

I guess my real issue is I thought symptoms came with flare-ups and went with remission (I'm RRMS). It's obviously not that simple. Sometimes symptoms disappear while others are forming and others stick around even though I'm in "remission". I guess I want a cut and dry field map, so to speak, for MS, and it's just not going to happen

Hi emrf2b,

I can't specifically answer your question in regards to Optic Neuritis as I have never had ON.

I guess my real issue is I thought symptoms came with flare-ups and went with remission (I'm RRMS). It's obviously not that simple. Sometimes symptoms disappear while others are forming and others stick around even though I'm in "remission".
    Remissions in the case of Multiple Sclerosis can be complete (no symptoms) or partial (residual symptoms, symptoms come and go), with partial being the most common. Part of learning to live with Multiple Sclerosis is learning to live with symptoms

Pseudo-exacerbations can cause an increase of symptoms. Pseudo-exacerbations are due to an infection, virus, flu, heat, over doing it, exercise or anything that increases your core temperature. Pseudo-exacerbations are self-limiting, once the virus, flu, infection resolves, you cool down, or you get to rest and relax your symptoms should return to what is normal for you. Sometimes a pseudo-exacerbation will turn into a true exacerbation.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks Snoopy...that helps immensely. I've never heard of psedo exacerbation, but it makes sense as I have trouble with the heat and stress. I also wasn't aware of the complete versus partial remission. That eases my mind a bit. Thank you!

Comment

You're welcome emrf2b

If you are ever in doubt about what you are experiencing please contact your Neurologist for the best advice.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yes

Yes, I have ON of my right eye. Usually it bothers me in bright lights, when I am tired or stressed. I am currently have a severe exacerbation of ON. I work as a nurse and had to take FMLA this week in hopes that steroids will help. My right eye started blurring about 4 days ago and now I feel as though I am looking under water. My left eye then over corrects causing me a bad headache and depth perception issues. I have not had this for about 5 years.
          Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

Comment

Yes!

Thank you for posting this. There are times I feel I am losing my mind, because the blurry brown spot in my left eye comes and goes, and I am thinking "Oh Dear, not again.....".

So far, the blurry has not lead to total blindness in my eye like the first time.

I try to stay calm, get rest, eat healthy, all the good stuff hoping and hoping I never ever ever ever have to go through steroid crap again.

Wish there was something I could take to just make it all go away.
            You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Working...
            X