Where are the 'new' treatments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the 'new' treatments?

I know about the bike rides, the MS walks and the dinners but where is the news about any new treatments? I have been trying to be quiet and patient for about a month, waiting and watching for any news. I haven't seen any and it is driving me crazy! Please respond. I won't bite! Just growl a little !

Hey Jerry,

I posted this thread over in medications a few weeks ago. I happened upon the information while following a stock jump in price Anyhoo, it's in trials, and we know how long it takes from phase 1 trials to being FDA approved, but it does talk about remyelination...and we don't hear too much talk like that coming from the MS drug manufactureres, so that intriguing.

Here's the info:
    http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...S-drug-rHIgM22

Comment

Killin' time

Jerry,
      I hear your frustration with the slow pace of progress. In our condition, time = brain, and we don't want to waste a minute of it. That said, if you can relate to the harsh conditions laid down by nature on the scientific method, you can understand the delay. Funding is a huge consideration, structuring trials another, even down to the necessity of gathering the talent of dedicated researchers willing to undergo the conditions necessary to being in the right place at the right time and still having a life/getting paid/achieving publication to further their research....it is governed by so many factors...like the way MS manifests from one patient to the next. Countless variable.

The key to patience while we wait lies is using every tool at our disposal in the meantime:
      • Helpful websites like Lumosity.com to hone your cognition...
      • Physical and speech therapy when available (ask our doc for an Rx, it can't hurt)...
      • Maintaining social support for emotional and psychological strength...
      • Venting/Communicating on msworld.org to stay informed...

Wish I could be more helpful, but we're all in the same boat, so to speak. Stay frosty, my friend.

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      I know about the bike rides, the MS walks and the dinners but where is the news about any new treatments? I have been trying to be quiet and patient for about a month, waiting and watching for any news. I haven't seen any and it is driving me crazy! Please respond. I won't bite! Just growl a little !

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
        Hey Jerry,

I posted this thread over in medications a few weeks ago. I happened upon the information while following a stock jump in price Anyhoo, it's in trials, and we know how long it takes from phase 1 trials to being FDA approved, but it does talk about remyelination...and we don't hear too much talk like that coming from the MS drug manufactureres, so that intriguing.

Here's the info:
        http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...S-drug-rHIgM22
        That is very interesting. The trouble is, it might take 10 years to get through stage 1,2 and 3 of the clinical trials and the eternal wait for the FDA.

If it gets through stage 3 of the clinical trials and gets sent to the FDA for approval, we should DEMAND that it gets on the fast track for approval.

Comment

BadAttitude,
          Thanks for the kind words. I realize that the only thing that we can control is what we do and say 'right now'! I do what I can to focus on the 'right now' ! The present is the only thing I know for sure!
          Thank you all for your thoughtful responses! Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X