Nausea & meds etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nausea & meds etc

For the past few weeks I've been suffering from nausea 24/7. I've taken a variety of concoctions to try to combat this and have found that Ondansetron 8 mg works relatively well. My PCP isn't sure what the cause of it is (I know it's most likely MS) and has me on anti-ulcer medication to see whether this fixes it.

I'd thought I was having good days and bad days so yesterday thinking I didn't need it, didn't take any Ondansetron and today, I feel so bad I just want to bawl my eyes out. So, having taken so much Ondansetron over the past week or so, would my good days just be 'left overs' from the day before's med or if this is an MS thing, does one have both 'good' (in relative terms) and bad days?

Many thanks

Poppy

nausea

I don't know if this would apply to you or not, but I will share my experience with nausea and meds. I went through several days recently where I couldn't keep anything down. Upon closer examination, I saw that one of my meds. was not supposed to be taken with milk, which I usually did. When I started taking it with water, the nausea went away. I don't know if this is what is going on with you, but do check and make sure there isn't any drug interaction problems going on.

Comment

Hi Poppy,

Sorry to hear you are still battling this. Don't think you had another bad day two days after stopping Odanestron. It clears the body fairly quickly with a half life of 3.5 hours, with reduced serum levels of 50% within 4 he's, 75% within 7 hours, 88% within 11 hours, 94% within 14 hours, 97% within 18 hours, and 100% witnin 25 hours, so believe if connected to the drug, your symptoms would have begun sooner. http://www.drugsdb.com/resources/dru...fe-calculator/

If is from the MS, it can be a just another transient symptom, that comes and goes at will. Mine comes and goes, and decided to return last night, after being gone for several months. Glad your pcp is still looking at other possibilities. KatieAgain's gall bladder was the culprit when she was going through this.

Hope you feel better, soon
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks Kimba & Patti.

I am starting to feel better - thank goodness. I've never had nausea that has lasted for so many weeks before. As long as I don't get too hot it's mostly gone. Heat seems to make the nausea and my balance issues come back big time which makes me reasonably sure it's just 'another' MS thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
          Thanks Kimba & Patti.

I am starting to feel better - thank goodness. I've never had nausea that has lasted for so many weeks before. As long as I don't get too hot it's mostly gone. Heat seems to make the nausea and my balance issues come back big time which makes me reasonably sure it's just 'another' MS thing.
          It could be Peptic Ulcers and you are on the right treatment for that. However, if you continue to have more nausea or start vomiting, I would ask for a referral to a Gastro Doc.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X