Dual disability? (MS and schizophrenia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual disability? (MS and schizophrenia)

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia (2004 or 2005 sometime) and now MS since sometime in 2014. I have been on disability since 2006 or so, and am wondering if there's anything I need to do besides make sure my next review has solid mention of the MS.

Mostly what I'm wondering if that would be an adequate way to notify them, or if I should even bother as I'm already receiving disability.

Thanks... I could really use some advice here.

My opinion on this...

Originally posted by headrift View Post
    I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia (2004 or 2005 sometime) and now MS since sometime in 2014. I have been on disability since 2006 or so, and am wondering if there's anything I need to do besides make sure my next review has solid mention of the MS.

Mostly what I'm wondering if that would be an adequate way to notify them, or if I should even bother as I'm already receiving disability.

Thanks... I could really use some advice here.
    My brief experience with SSDI so far is that if you are receiving the benefits already, there is no need to contact them to update your health information, unless you get better.

If they ask for a case update, by all means, tell them. Otherwise I have found that once accepted, the less said the better. You are not hiding anything and qualify without offering the additional information.

dx June 1994
    Tanstaafl !

Comment

Probably a good position and kind of what I've come up with. I've called them a couple of times, and they didn't seem to care, so I kind of quit worrying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by headrift View Post
        No need to tell SSA since you're already receiving disability and making the maximum amount of money in benefits you can get. You won't get any more money because of a second condition, so there's no need to tell them anything that doesn't change your eligibility or benefit. That's why nobody at SSA seems to care when you called them. It doesn't change anything. So you can save it for your next disability review.

Comment

Working...
        X