How to make some scooters a lot lighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make some scooters a lot lighter

Ongoing issues for all of us who use scooters is their weight and stability. As a very fortunate retired MSer who can and does travel these are problems.

I currently have two scooters - a Gogo Ultra with two sealed lead acid batteries (SLA) and a TravelScoot with a very lightweight Li-On battery. This battery weighs about 3 pounds and is approved (by United Airlines and Air France - the only ones I checked) for air travel if you bring the battery into the cabin.

The Gogo has been eating SLA batteries, perhaps a result of living at the top of a steep driveway, so I went looking for a substitute that should be able to last longer and is lighter.

I found the 12V 12 A StarkPower UltraEnergy Lithium Ion Battery LifePo Energy Storage Battery at starkpower.com

At $139 apiece these are lot more expensive than SLA which cost about $60 a set, but might be worth buying.

I also found several scooters that ship with Lithium batteries, but haven't truly examined them.

G

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

You're braver than me. No one understands why I want to stay home.

Years ago, I wanted to see how many different states I could visit on my two weeks of annual vacation time. So, I remember taking lots of flights in the U.S. The staff was very kind, but some of those rules. . . . I use a wheelchair 24/7 now, and only needed canes back then. Now, I think I would have more please staying at home ?

Comment

Working...
    X